cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
original one was humorous. reminded me of a pull out bed. Purchased a bed in a bag that was supposed to swell out, it did but not completely, kind of lumpy.So, I did see a combo memory foam with coil springs. My hesitation is not being able to lie down on it. Some are 12inches tall and the pedestal the bed sits on now is high, there is storage underneath. What would be nice is just a coil spring like at home.
8 REPLIES 8

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
We went to our local mattress maker in Salinas CA. He made us an RV-Queen Mattress for about $500.00. As good as any mattress I've slept on.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife reminded me about the Custom Comfort store in our town where we purchased a mattress years ago. After looking at different mattresses and driving all over I stopped in before heading home. They make a queen that is 60 by 75. The platform is 62 by 78. The new sheets I purchased are 60 x 75. So, after sitting, laying on this mattress in the showroom it was a done deal. Be ready in two weeks, built similar to the guest room bed in our home.
Thanks for all the responses.

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
https://wildernessrvmattress.com/collections/mattresses/products/the-montana-pillowtop?msclkid=5a4c3e9f623f16e1e2245daa9f4cb206
2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the mattress in our RV after 9 years of use. The original was high quality, pillow top and inner coil, but it wore out. We replaced it with a Wilderness Montana hybrid pillow top with inner individually wrapped coils. It is high but very comfortable, and we have no regrets.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Explorer II
Explorer II
Texas Mattress Makers makes custom RV mattresses to your specification out of whatever material you desire
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a โ€œbed in a boxโ€ in our home and itโ€™s great. Like your perhaps came compressed but expanded 100%. If we ever need a new mattress for our RV will get another one.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
After having a tube style water bed, I would never, ever wish to go back to any "spring" type mattresses. No matter how much "padding" they add, you will always feel the springs and any movement by your partner.

For our RV, we went with a custom made foam mattress which is built in several layers. Each layer has a specific density and is topped with a layer of memory foam.

Be aware with memory foam, it traps your body heat too much, newer versions of memory foam with blue cooling jel does help that some.

Be aware with memory foam, you will sink into it, it is soft so if you need firm you may wish to consider latex foam as it can be found in several different densities and does not trap body heat.

For custom made foam mattresses we bought ours from http://www.thefoamfactory.com/ which was cheaper at that time than buying through normal mattress companies..

They vacuum pack the mattress and ship it via mail, you pull it out of box in a place large enough to fit the entire size and remove the plastic and it will expand out.

Another one I can think of is https://www.casper-mattresses.com/ , never tried it though.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was lucky in finding a mattress that fit and was the model as we have at home.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad