cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxxis bravo HT 770

Kfd518
Explorer
Explorer
I am nearing the time to replace my tires. I have been looking into the Maxxis bravo HT 770 LT 245/75R16. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these tires. I purchase m8008 tires for the TT already.
I currently run Cooper HT3 LT 265/75R16 currently 41K with rotation and balancing. I have been happy with cooper tires (all of my tires have been cooper LT or a cooper owned brand for many years. They just happen to be getting quite proud of their tires. Edited to add..
I am looking to go down to the smaller tire because I am looking to get my gearing back as the truck came stock with P225/75r16XL however I do not want tires that small and narrow on it they don’t do well in anything any more slick than gravel with a two week drive long bed club cab.
A new truck is not on the purchase list at the moment.
2 REPLIES 2

Kfd518
Explorer
Explorer
From a current 3.24 effective gearing to 3.36 effective gear. Originally 3.5
It’s not much but every bit helps

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What percentage did you determine will return back in gearing with this change?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad