MONTANA TRUCK CAMPER RALLY JULY 11TH-14TH 2013

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
MONTANA TRUCK CAMPER RALLY

JULY 11TH - 14TH 2013

GLACIER CAMPGROUND

WEST GLACIER MONTANA

the montana rally will be at Glacier Campground this year. it is 1 mile from the west gate to glacier national park. link: GLACIER CAMPGROUND

here is a link to show pictures of the campground. the first picture is a map layout of the place. if you enlarge the picture you will see some notes i made about it.GLACIER CAMPGROUND PICTURES

here is a link about the g.n.p. entry fee: entry fee options

you must call the resort and make your reservations after you have signed up for the rally. they dont use email so you have to call. they are in off season until april but still check the voice mails. so be sure to leave a message and they will get back to you.
we get a 10% discount off the rates for the rally.

on thursday the 11th we will meet and greet. people get to the campground through out the day so nothing is formally scheduled on thursday. we will just gather and mingle at will.

friday morning the 12th for those interested we will do a hike to avalanche lake with in glacier national park. entry fee to the national park is required. we will do a ranger led hike that starts at 9:00 am at the trail head. those that can "truck" pool to the trail head will be helpful. there is limited parking at the trailhead.
here is some information about the hike:

Discover how the power of water and other

geologic forces have shaped this unique

environment on the way to glimmering Avalanche

Lake. This hike gains 500 feet over 2 miles.

Participants should wear hiking shoes and bring

water and a snack or lunch to enjoy at the

lake. Meet at the roadside parking lot on the

Going to the Sun Road across from Avalanche

Campground.

4 miles (6.4km) - 3½ hours

friday evening we will have some music and karoake for those who wish to show off their talents.

on saturday morning we will have a red bus tour. i have 2 buses reserved for us. the tour will be the western alpine tour. it starts at lake mcdonald lodge and goes to the top of the going to the sun road. it then returns back to the lodge. its about a 3 hour tour. we will caravan to lake mcdonald lodge to meet the red buses. the buses leave promptly at 9:30am. the cost for the tour is $33.12 per seat. if you wish to go on the tour please send me a message with how many seats you would like. i have to take pre-payment for the tour. paypal works well with transfering funds. if you dont wish to use paypal we can make other arrangments. each bus holds 17 passengers. the seats are reserved for you first come first served. here is a link with some information on the red bus tour: RED BUS TOUR INFORMATION

saturday evening we will have our potluck dinner followed by prize giveaways.

sunday morning we will have a farewell breakfast.

we hope to see you at the 2013 montana rally!

the tc life - rich
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE
153 REPLIES 153

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
Yup.........we will be in on the evening of the 9th.

right on, see you then. we will be back at the campground by dinner time from hiking.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Yup.........we will be in on the evening of the 9th.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
the tc life wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
We are in Oregon now and will be pulling in on the 10th, maybe even the evening on the 9th.

we will be heading to polebridge the morning of the 10th. so if you get there early and want to follow us, that is an option too.

Possible.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
We are in Oregon now and will be pulling in on the 10th, maybe even the evening on the 9th.

we will be heading to polebridge the morning of the 10th. so if you get there early and want to follow us, that is an option too.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
also, from my understanding there will be 2 or 3 others there a day or so early too.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
dubob wrote:
My wife and I are going to be in MT from the 4th to the 15th and I’m thinking we should explore Glacier NP between our visits to Great Falls and then Missoula. However, we need to be in Missoula during the weekend of the rally. I’m thinking we will be in GNP from Monday to Thursday AM. Are any of y’all going to be there early for the rally? If so, it would be nice to meet you face to face.

I will get there the afternoon of the 6th. we plan on hiking the 7,8,9 and then go to polebridge on the 10th. so we will be on the trails during the day but at the campground during the evening/late afternoon. im in site H-13
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

dubob
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are going to be in MT from the 4th to the 15th and I’m thinking we should explore Glacier NP between our visits to Great Falls and then Missoula. However, we need to be in Missoula during the weekend of the rally. I’m thinking we will be in GNP from Monday to Thursday AM. Are any of y’all going to be there early for the rally? If so, it would be nice to meet you face to face.
Bob Hicks, from Utah :C
I’m 71 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
btggraphix wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
Crud!!...........was doing one last systems check and the AC took a dump. New one going in as I post..........dang-it.

I have like 4 of them from Scouts laying around......want me to bring one to Glacier? 🙂

On the TC........
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
Crud!!...........was doing one last systems check and the AC took a dump. New one going in as I post..........dang-it.

you could always roll around in the snow once you get to glacier to cool off. 😉
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:

I have like 4 of them from Scouts laying around......want me to bring one to Glacier? 🙂
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We are down to just hours now......I have changed my route a little to try and stay out of the 115*+ that is along our previous route. We will head up 395 and splinter off at Bishop to jog over to the 95. It should be almost 20* cooler going that way. Should be on the road at 2-3am....Saturday.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
btggraphix wrote:
the tc life wrote:
in case i don't get to say it before hand, have a great and safe trip. ill see you soon in Montana.

My sentiments exactly. As it comes to the wire for our departure I may not keep up with things here; Lots going on. Hot here in the Colorado foothills too and fires are burning. We were under a level 1 fire evac order (prepare to leave) but the grass and house fire was contained. Was one of the only times I was glad to know the rig was in the shop getting worked on because if you are outside when they go to level 2 then you can't get back in. All we need are the cat and the rig and we are ok! My uncle lost everything material in the Black Forest fire a couple of weeks ago! All this stuff strikes so close to home for so many people around here. Makes me reallÝ happy to have a truck and camper to call "home".

Looking forward to seeing you all in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Dave - seems like yesterday we were at Morman Lake. I could make a habit out of these things. 🙂 glad I signed up for this baby right off the bat. I need it!

Yup glad to hear that they got them handled. Coming from the SB mountains, I know all to well about fires.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
btggraphix wrote:
the tc life wrote:
in case i don't get to say it before hand, have a great and safe trip. ill see you soon in Montana.

My sentiments exactly. As it comes to the wire for our departure I may not keep up with things here; Lots going on. Hot here in the Colorado foothills too and fires are burning. We were under a level 1 fire evac order (prepare to leave) but the grass and house fire was contained. Was one of the only times I was glad to know the rig was in the shop getting worked on because if you are outside when they go to level 2 then you can't get back in. All we need are the cat and the rig and we are ok! My uncle lost everything material in the Black Forest fire a couple of weeks ago! All this stuff strikes so close to home for so many people around here. Makes me reallÝ happy to have a truck and camper to call "home".

Looking forward to seeing you all in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Dave - seems like yesterday we were at Morman Lake. I could make a habit out of these things. 🙂 glad I signed up for this baby right off the bat. I need it!

very good to hear the fire was contained! have a wonderful trip up to glacier.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE