cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mountain Views

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Ah the mountains, just got home from a Trip out west Wyoming Dakotas and Colorado, after arriving in Colorado I spent a day with my daughter Then she got to take me to the emergency room at the Denver Veterans Hospital four days in intensive care and then two more weeks before I would be released to travel home. The altitude brought on a early heart problem that I never knew I had guess I will wait for cooler weather and stay in the flat lands, a little late for that, the one thing I now know is keep the ones you love close and always let the ones you love know how you feel, and even though you may have a physical once a year a stress test and even a echo cardio gram might just be a life saver
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
10 REPLIES 10

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad that you are doing better.... when we met online a few years ago you were struggling along, getting treatment from the VA.

Good news again. Thank you for yout service.

Chet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
devildog1971,

Get well soon!
1978 27' Southwind MH - Gone
1982 19' Terry Taurus TT - Gone
1990 24' Prowler TT - Gone
TC - Still in the Hunt

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes! Sorry to hear of your difficulty, but glad you got the attention you needed and are wise enough to pay attention to what you need to do to maintain your health! Getting older does have it's problems, but we also are "supposed" to get wiser at the same time... hmmmmm... hope I find out soon!!... I'm already older!! Take care!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! So glad you got that medical attention!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
go see your VA service officer file for Agent orange your attack should qualify you for 1 year at 100 %
check your Nehmer qualification
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
AMEN! Luckily we were home in November when DH had triple bypass heart surgery. Never had any symptoms until weekend after Thanksgiving and then it felt like "indigestion" they even sent him home after the first ER visit with GERD meds. Had triple bypass heart surgery Jan 13th. We came home to Tampa in October after a 3 month trip out west. So glad it didn't happen while we were away. The VA in Tampa gave him great care! Thank you for your service and prayers.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
devildog1971 wrote:
The altitude brought on a early heart problem that I never knew I had guess I will wait for cooler weather and stay in the flat lands, a little late for that, the one thing I now know is keep the ones you love close and always let the ones you love know how you feel, and even though you may have a physical once a year a stress test and even a echo cardio gram might just be a life saver

Been there, done that. I had the same thing happen to me when visiting here from NE 15 yrs. ago. Luckily my DIL worked at the hospital and made me go in. I ended up with quintuple bypass and 3 extra weeks here. Dr. told me the altitude can bring these things on. Fifteen years later I now live here and altitude doesn't bother me at all.

Amen to letting your loved ones know how you feel and enjoy each day.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
devildog1971 wrote:
Ah the mountains, just got home from a Trip out west Wyoming Dakotas and Colorado, after arriving in Colorado I spent a day with my daughter Then she got to take me to the emergency room at the Denver Veterans Hospital four days in intensive care and then two more weeks before I would be released to travel home. The altitude brought on a early heart problem that I never knew I had guess I will wait for cooler weather and stay in the flat lands, a little late for that, the one thing I now know is keep the ones you love close and always let the ones you love know how you feel, and even though you may have a physical once a year a stress test and even a echo cardio gram might just be a life saver

How true on letting loved ones know how you feel.
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

zachcycles
Explorer
Explorer
Amen brother, Amen.
Whether out in the motor home or just sittin n sippin a fine whiskey, my mind wanders these daze. I'm ok with this...

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Ouch... Getting old Sucks..
I never know what's going to go wrong the next day and just keep "Plugging Along"...
I feel like 35 but my bod is starting to give in... sigh..

hang in there, keep'er going...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website