cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NADA prices

H2oSprt
Explorer
Explorer
Do you guys think NADA is acurate? I was looking at the price for 2011 830 and it seemed really high to me.
15 expedition El ecoboost

2008 Jayco 12hw
9 REPLIES 9

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
This got me to look up my 74 KIT and 75 Amerigo. List Price for the Kit, $2775, list price for the Amerigo $4096.

These are 42 and 41 year old Truck Campers if you wanted any example of how Nada's probably not the best numbers-wise.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is an example of one in tuscon, notice some of the standard features as options listed.

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
But if your unit base model(not including option packs) comes stock with something, example a stove, don't check it. only check it if its an option. But if you have an option pack that adds AC, I think you check the AC.

We were just in a High Pressure sales dealership looking at a used 5er. inside all the RV's they had this NADA value sheet. They will check every box, AC, Heater, Microwave, Toilet, when all this stuff is already included in the base price. By doing this they can make the price look very high, than if your not onto this trick there sale price (which was still much higher than NADA would have been) looks good. Or the salespeople quickly tell you "I can put you in a new camper for just a little more"

They even had this sheet in the new RV's.

anutami wrote:
NADA can be easily manipulated to suit the price you want due to all the options available to click vs the standard options that your camper comes with.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Steve_in_29
Explorer
Explorer
NADA varies as to accuracy and it can be way off for low volume manufacturers as there simply isn't enough data to compile.

The data on Lance is probably the best but even that depends on local popularity.

Just as NADA isn't accurate for some popular collector cars, as it treats then as simply old cars and values them accordingly. A 73 Bronco will sell for WAY more then NADA any day of the week.
2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
NADA can be easily manipulated to suit the price you want due to all the options available to click vs the standard options that your camper comes with. For example, you can add fiberglass sides as an option and toilet electric flush to up the value. Plus there is a low to high value. This can range from 12k all the way up to 24k! My bro bought a 2009 830 loaded for 12k which was stored indoors. This was a steal of a deal. He had to drive from so cal to Texas though. There was one in oceanside for 15k he looked at but had alot of rust. About a month ago someone had an 830 for sale for 14k which sold in a couple of days. I think 20k is pretty high as he was first looking at one in New Mexico for this price and it was on craigslist for several months. If you are looking to sell you could probably easily get 18k and 20k if you are in no hurry to sell, but your rig would need to be in perfect condition. Bottom line keep your camper in great condition and get it fully detailed before someone looks at it and you will get top dollar.
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

H2oSprt
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know, I was shocked that it still worth close to 20k!
15 expedition El ecoboost

2008 Jayco 12hw

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you mean a Lance 830, then yes it will still hold its value.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF selling YES
If buying NO

NADA is OVERALL Nationwide .......local area pricing is WAY different

Check comparable pricing locally
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Not really in my area. When I had my toyhauler, I watched the market for a few months before putting it up for sale. Dealers and privat party. I put a fair price in it (most private sellers were a few thousand higher and all dealers were way higher) and sold it for cash in a few weeks. Had one guy point out nada and that banks wouldn't loan what I asking. I simply told him good luck, mine was the cheapest in Oregon at the time...

The market drives the price. Plays all kinds of games though for those with poor credit or not with a good credit union.

Watch your local market. Isn't your 830 the cool model with the pop out rear tent? I'd kill for a nice one and a buyer out there will pay more...for hard to find models like that.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.