cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nash 25C or Lance 2185 Travel Trailer?

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we've narrowed our search for a four-season TT that has bunks for our kids and are trying to decide betw the Nash 25C or the Lance 2185.

It almost seems that Nash "copied" the Lance as the Nash 25C just came out and Lance has been making the similar floorplan for a couple yrs - I think since 2011? or 2012?

We like the lightweight aluminum-frame construction of the Lance over the wood construction of the Nash.

However, there is more storage/wardrobe space in the Nash, with a larger counter in the kitchen, and I like the style of it better. I'm a "foodie" and one of the main reasons I like to "bring my kitchen along via a travel trailer" is so that I can prepare wholesome meals without eating junk/spending lots of $$$ in restaurants.

The new Nash could be bought for probably about $8000 cheaper too.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Mary Kay in Ohio
92 REPLIES 92

Highbeam
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
Nancy and Dave wrote:

Question for the Nash people-why are the vents in the floors? Do you have a problem with this? The Creekside and Lance both have them in the walls. We had a Nash previously and they were constantly filling with dirt, sand, etc. We have 3 boys so the idea of stronger and tougher is appealing, but this bothers us a lot.

I'm surprised that Creekside model doesn't have floor vents. Are they all like that? The Outdoors RV Timber Ridge definitely does.

Our creekside certainly does have vents in the floor.
2000 F350 diesel crew SRW 4x4
2012 Creekside ORV 26BH

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
Those are some good choices. And I was in a position to by my next trailer today it would be an Outdoor RV Creekside or Timber Ridge.
Timber Ridge 270 BDHS
and
Creek Side 27bhs

After going to the last show my choice would be for the Creekside. These are also true 4 season TT.

Majja
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
thorsmitersaw wrote:
...Is there any sort of toy hauler comparable to the Nash/Arctic Fox? I saw the Desert Fox but without a dividing wall and etc, it seems sort of just like all the other weekend warrior sort of trailers. Maybe Northwood would just custom extend their frame out the back on a Nash a bit to Accommodate two dirtbikes for me...? I cant go without my toys but it seems most of them are not really 4season or meant to be used a whole lot. As in full timing. I can not see another option though for bringing along 2 moto's other than putting them in the bed (which I find dangerous and risky)

Do the Cruiser RV trailers have the same sort of ruggedness, off road, boondocking rep the northwood trailers do?

Lance is in the process of developing a lightweight toyhauler. So far, they've shown a prototype at one RV show. Here is a link to a discussion of toyhaulers on the Lance Owners of America website: Lance Toyhauler Clicky

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey gmwphoto ---how's about sharing the info with all of us?

I'd tend to agree with the previous poster about better heat distribution and saving on cupboard space etc with the vents in the floor.

And we have a Nash 25C waiting for us at a dealer in Mesa Arizona which we will be picking up just after Christmas ----and I never even thought a thing about the dirt etc from my kids falling down the vents! There will def be a no-shoe rule in the new camper!

Mary Kay

Nancy_and_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I will try to unblock that feature now.

Thank you

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Lance uses a special model of Atwood heater that allows for up to 9 heating ducts to run off the main unit.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Nancy and Dave, I have some links and thoughts to share with you, I tried to send you a PM, but you have that feature blocked.

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Nancy and Dave wrote:

Question for the Nash people-why are the vents in the floors? Do you have a problem with this? The Creekside and Lance both have them in the walls. We had a Nash previously and they were constantly filling with dirt, sand, etc. We have 3 boys so the idea of stronger and tougher is appealing, but this bothers us a lot.

Many of the larger 4 season trailers we looked at have vents in floor. Perhaps when the under-belly is enclosed (and heated), it's easier to run the heating vents down there and saves cupboard space above. For us, it's a plus, especially if they use larger, insulated vents and straighter runs, giving you get better heat distribution. (But our kids are grown up).

The same applies to A/C, by the way. Bigger, more insulated vents and straighter runs, give better cold air distribution. The Lance doesn't have ducted A/C though.

I'm surprised that Creekside model doesn't have floor vents. Are they all like that? The Outdoors RV Timber Ridge definitely does.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
Curious to see replies to above. I am also looking at these three for the ability to use folded up bunks for storage. I am hoping to check them out at the Pomona RV show.

Am also looking at the trailers below for similar floorplan and length. Trying to stay as short as possible while getting walk around queen bed and inside bike storage. Any reason not to consider these too?

http://www.kz-rv.com/spree-connect/C231BHS.html

http://www.kz-rv.com/spree/240BHS.html

Jayco 23M http://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/jay-feather-ultra-lite/floorplans-specs

Nancy_and_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

This is our first post to this site. We are also looking at the Lance 2185, Nash 25C, as well as the Creekside 23BHS. They definitely have advantages and disadvantages.

Also for Nash 25C owners- does anyone find the length difficult for maneuvering in smaller campsites? We like to dry camp when the weather's nice and some campsites are quite small.

Lance people-has anyone has problems with the ground clearance and lighter axle?

Creekside peeps- do you have regrets on the smaller slide?

We're going to the Tacoma RV show on Oct 11 and want to make a decision by then. We plan to bring the new trailer up to the ski hills this winter.

Any owners of these models, we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for any input,
Nancy and Dave
Surrey
BC

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
A few pages back I had a list of all kinds of things I had wanted Northwood to omit in the manufacture of one of their trailers....Like I didn't want a microwave, so leave it out, didn't like the key rack, so they could leave it out, etc .

They said "absolutely not!" And the reason is if they start deviating too much, they would lose money because they would be out of "factory production mode."

So I'm guessing to have them custom make something for you ---would be out of the question. That is not to say that you couldn't do things yourself.

Like in the 25C, would removing the bunks and the closet space at the very back give you enough space? I'm guessing probably not.....

We are really sold on the four-season capabilities of their products and believe they are really well built.

GHCreekside
Explorer
Explorer
You could contact Northwood directly and they would probably try to help. I would think though that anything like that is custom would not be cheap because it is a variation from their manufacturing process.
2006 Dodge 3500 QCLB SRW 4x4 5.9 Cummins
2002 Bigfoot 1500FS

thorsmitersaw
Explorer
Explorer
...Is there any sort of toy hauler comparable to the Nash/Arctic Fox? I saw the Desert Fox but without a dividing wall and etc, it seems sort of just like all the other weekend warrior sort of trailers. Maybe Northwood would just custom extend their frame out the back on a Nash a bit to Accommodate two dirtbikes for me...? I cant go without my toys but it seems most of them are not really 4season or meant to be used a whole lot. As in full timing. I can not see another option though for bringing along 2 moto's other than putting them in the bed (which I find dangerous and risky)

Do the Cruiser RV trailers have the same sort of ruggedness, off road, boondocking rep the northwood trailers do?

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Just came back to finally let you know I have made a decision to get the Nash 25C. I spoke with someone who actually rented a Lance not too long ago, who is also ordering the Nash 25C, and this really confirms my feelings as well.

What's a little surprising though is how the dealers I am contacting are not responding! They know I'm serious and yes, I have only ordered the listed options and have not tried to eliminate any standard ones. One was supposed to send me the paperwork on Mon, and it's now Wed! ! Don't they want my money???

And thanks again to all of you for your thoughts and opinions.

Mary Kay