cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Neat little trailer

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Borrowed a friend's trailer for a trip to Bull Trout Lake. No motors are allowed so my boat isn't allowed. Well, I guess I could launch it but would be very difficult to row.

So I borrowed my friend's trailer with automatic boat loader (so sweet!) Stuffed the inside with my dirt bike, genny, firewood, gas, etc.

Caught some nice Rainbows. Dinner with grilled fish and veggie kabob.

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.
9 REPLIES 9

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Valkyriebush wrote:
Nice. Where are the rainbow trout pic's?? There is nothing better then pan frying trout freshly caught on the spot!!

In the frying pan!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jefe 4x4 wrote:
DJ,
Nice catch: good size, fully enclosed and weatherproof. Just the kind of trailer you want to haul anything you care about. Does it have belt rails or cleats to tie down your bike? If you owned a trailer like this the disparity between the ground clearance on your truck and the trailer would have to be addressed; namely by doing an SOA on the trailer. That way you could use it summer and winter and on the bad roads you are so adept at finding. Easy to find in ID.
My brother Jim has a trailer just like this but he rarely uses it. He has used it to haul firewood but that roughed up the floor and inner wall boards. He originally got it to be a go-between on his 3 residences.
jefe

My friend who owns the trailer used it for hauling a road bike on the highways. Since we met he now has traded the road bike for a dirt bike and installed the self loader for the new boat. The trailer has a self locking front wheel chock for the bike along with tie down straps for good measure. I had to buy a 12" drop stinger so I could tow the trailer. Yes, it is way too low. Scraped on gas station driveways. We have a plan to give it a 4" lift this winter!!

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
DJ,
Nice catch: good size, fully enclosed and weatherproof. Just the kind of trailer you want to haul anything you care about. Does it have belt rails or cleats to tie down your bike? If you owned a trailer like this the disparity between the ground clearance on your truck and the trailer would have to be addressed; namely by doing an SOA on the trailer. That way you could use it summer and winter and on the bad roads you are so adept at finding. Easy to find in ID.
My brother Jim has a trailer just like this but he rarely uses it. He has used it to haul firewood but that roughed up the floor and inner wall boards. He originally got it to be a go-between on his 3 residences.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice. Where are the rainbow trout pic's?? There is nothing better then pan frying trout freshly caught on the spot!!
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
The Good Life Defined!

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Saaweet!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great post...

I love it when KISS things works out...

I do the same here at three or four of my favorite be myself places not too far from here... I will tell the wife I am going to check a few of my recent POWER mods to the POPUP trailer and come back in a couple of days...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Nice...
Great area..

Nice little trailer, what size? 6x12' I like the front box.
and how did the boat loader work, sweet I know, but just unlatch and unload?
Just wondering,
thanks...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website