cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Help

DesertTracker
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this is correct place to post but am towing thru Florida and have a power steering pump starting to leak on my Dodge Ram. Will be spending 3 days in Mexico Beach, FL and that would be a good time to have it repaired (replaced probably) but being an out of towner I have no clue of a reputable repair shop in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated
2011 Keystone Springdale 189
2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 4.10
5 REPLIES 5

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
For lack of better info, google auto repair mexico beach fl and check reviews. If you find one with all 4-5 star reviews be very skeptical. No auto repair is that good. But if you find one with lots of all types of reviews but mostly positive then scan those reviews and decide whether to chance it.

DesertTracker
Explorer
Explorer
The resort used to be called Rustic Sands and has struggled and changed owners since the hurricane in 2018. It is now called Mexico Beach Rv Resort. I think there is still some construction going on but Iโ€™m going to give it a try then on to Dauphin Beach. I drained off some ps fluid and added Lucas (Iโ€™m not fond of additives) and hopefully if the leak slows I can make it home where I have the proper tools to change out the pump myself. I will try the auto parts stores in the area for a recommendation too just in case. Thanks for the suggestions.
2011 Keystone Springdale 189
2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 4.10

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am just curious , is that campground in the middle of town open , it was hit hard by the hurricane a couple years ago . I do not know about
shops in Mexico , but 90 miles down the road is Crawfordville Auto , a very trust worthy shop .

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have AAA . They could recommend a shop . Also look up yelp reviews as a guide.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call the local auto parts store ,they might know a shop. if your handy they might have one you could do it yourself.