Did you mean: 

New 2024 Chevy HD and Increased Dmax Power

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the new Chevy HD truck...

Gas engine now gets the 10 speed transmission
Diesel engine 455HP 950 TQ

I'll reserve comments on the looks department later.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
47 REPLIES 47

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Lantley wrote:
The interior is a mild refresh. Somehow GM does not understand that their interiors are still inferior to the competition.
The entire interior needs to be redone from the ground up!

The interior is an all new design and from the looks it looks pretty good. The one thing I would hope they did, but I doubt it was to increase the depth of their window sill because that's where I like to rest my arm/elbow. The last model year GM had a good window sill was 1987.

???

Have owned quite a few GM trucks since 94 and never had an issue resting my arm/elbow on a windowsill. Are you 4'-6" tall? Perhaps sit on a pillow? Are you planning on ditching Ford for GM?

I'm 6'4" which is why I sometimes prefer a taller arm rest.

LOL that '94 didn't have enough window sill room to support your arm unless it's thin like a pencil! :W

And yes when I purchase my next truck I'll take a look at GM like I have always done.

LOL......you said depth....I thought you mean height, not width... W T F.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's TFL on the new Chevy at the Texas State fair. Looks like an all new dash to me.

Link

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pbutler97 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Lantley wrote:
The interior is a mild refresh. Somehow GM does not understand that their interiors are still inferior to the competition.

The interior is an all new design and from the looks it looks pretty good. The one thing I would hope they did, but I doubt it was to increase the depth of their window sill because that's where I like to rest my arm/elbow. The last model year GM had a good window sill was 1987.

???

Have owned quite a few GM trucks since 94 and never had an issue resting my arm/elbow on a windowsill. Are you 4'-6" tall? Perhaps sit on a pillow? Are you planning on ditching Ford for GM?

I'm 6'4" which is why I sometimes prefer a taller arm rest.

LOL that '94 didn't have enough window sill room to support your arm unless it's thin like a pencil! :W

And yes when I purchase my next truck I'll take a look at GM like I have always done.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mkirsch wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Was your 86 a 6 banger 3 speed with 2.73 gears or something? Find it hard to fathom that 8600gvw = 100lbs of towing capacity?

Well, as Marty has stated many times on this forum, it's actually -100lbs tow rating.

The truck didn't come equipped from the factory to tow, so it wasn't rated by the factory to tow. That's how they did it in those days.

I almost think my Dad's 1989, Chevy 2500, 8600GVWR, Vortec 350, 4-speed manual, 4.10 axle ratio, was also NOT rated for towing, because it didn't come equipped with any towing equipment. He built his own hitch and that thing towed like a freight train by 1989 standards.

It was never a statement of the truck's capability. It was a denial of liability by the manufacturer. "If you want to tow, you're on your own."

Ok, so confirming the relevance of this to "New 2024 Chevy HD and Increased Dmax Power" may also be less than zero? Regardless, this new "feature" is very much a detriment and yet another big brother type nanny.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:

I have to agree it's a bit boring. My RAM is going on 8 years old and has a much nicer interior.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Grit dog wrote:
Was your 86 a 6 banger 3 speed with 2.73 gears or something? Find it hard to fathom that 8600gvw = 100lbs of towing capacity?

Well, as Marty has stated many times on this forum, it's actually -100lbs tow rating.

The truck didn't come equipped from the factory to tow, so it wasn't rated by the factory to tow. That's how they did it in those days.

I almost think my Dad's 1989, Chevy 2500, 8600GVWR, Vortec 350, 4-speed manual, 4.10 axle ratio, was also NOT rated for towing, because it didn't come equipped with any towing equipment. He built his own hitch and that thing towed like a freight train by 1989 standards.

It was never a statement of the truck's capability. It was a denial of liability by the manufacturer. "If you want to tow, you're on your own."

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
It doesn't look all that new compared to my 2019, which did not look all that new compared to my 2007.
Maybe seeing it in person would change my opinion,but from the photos it doesn't look totally new!
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Lantley wrote:

???

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Front end looks better to me. Dually fenders different?

ONLY 36 gallons???

I agree the front end looks better. I think Chevy put a new front and interior on these trucks for the most part which is typical of a midlife refresh.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Front end looks better to me. Dually fenders different?

ONLY 36 gallons???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blt2ski
Grit
292 I6, 4.10s, Muncie 4 spd. Had better low end take off ability than a 454 with a th400 auto.
Yep, a negative 100 lbs tow capacity per gcw charts. Yet you could get that engine in a 16-20k gvwr milk truck or equal!
I believe my dad's 66 1500 with a 250 - 6 3 in the tree was higher rated....
Manufactures and there screwy ratings
There was a blurb in OM, ALL GM pickups could tow 4000 lbs no matter the gcw rating.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:
All this recording gcwr issue will do, is potentially cause one to void the Warranty rating, if an issue is caused by overheating etc.
I can't think of one truck I've owned since 78-79, that have NOT exceeded the weight/Warranty/performance gcw rating on it at least once! My 95 CC SW K3500, I was pulling in a regular basis a 12k trailer, gcwr was 12500. I scaled at 21xxx once!
My 86 C2500 had a gcwr that was literally 100 lbs LESS than it gvwr.
Since manufactures do not set the max weight limit you can run down the road at, be it gvw or gcw. The only thing this feature can do is void a warranty. As long as it does not shut the rig down on a freeway or equal. Oh well!
MAYBE, it will finally get manufactures to let us know how aerodynamics, steep grades will effect the performance of a given rig too! Ie over max frontal area by 10 sqft, lower max wieght by 1000 lbs! If going up 30% grades lower max gvw by 5000 lbs.......

Marty

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I think ( JUST MY OPINION ) that this is a good looking upgrade for GM.....

AND, I am curious how the GCW Alert will work out ??

Interesting feature. Can't help but wonder if the truck records these numbers while towing for future reference by the dealer or other motives in the event of an accident.

My thought too, when I read that, just another spyware for warranty exemption, when drive line fails.

Jerry

You RVnet detectives may have found a huge GM conspiracy lol.