cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 2500

teamster_tom
Explorer
Explorer
Wife gets [img][/img]her Expedition back.
15 REPLIES 15

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
AppFire wrote:
For those of you that own or have owned a newer dodge ram.... 2012 and up.... Are the transmissions better than they use to be? I am in the market for a newer truck and really like the dodges. I bought a new on in 2001, ram quad cab 4x4 etc and the transmission had to be replaced at 14000 miles. Decided to give them another try and bought a new 2005 Dakota quad cab, 4x4 etc and the transmission went out at 12000 miles. By the way, I do not mistreat my trucks either. Just looking for someone that can tell me if they are more reliable than the older ones. Thanks

Just get a 3500 with the Aisin tranny. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

AppFire
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that own or have owned a newer dodge ram.... 2012 and up.... Are the transmissions better than they use to be? I am in the market for a newer truck and really like the dodges. I bought a new on in 2001, ram quad cab 4x4 etc and the transmission had to be replaced at 14000 miles. Decided to give them another try and bought a new 2005 Dakota quad cab, 4x4 etc and the transmission went out at 12000 miles. By the way, I do not mistreat my trucks either. Just looking for someone that can tell me if they are more reliable than the older ones. Thanks
2017 Silverado Crew cab LT Max tow package
2003 Jayco Qwest 244

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lower the truck.
Puma 30RKSS

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
teamster tom wrote:
Jerry,I have 2" to spare at the opening but can only get 10, in before a beam hangs flush. I haven,t decided which to tell my wife first, we need a new house with a taller garage, or we need a bigger trailer now that we have the truck.;)

Tell her you need both! Problem solved!! lol
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Got a neighbor that just got rid of his F250 for a RAM 2500(LOADED)! OMG that thing is sweet!
Nice looking truck,Good luck,, I can't part with my Silverado, Second best truck I have owned!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice, that's what mine would look like if I ever washed it! I love my Ram, great truck and amazing engine!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
BTW Tom, is that a Laramie or a Big Horn?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
You bought the 2500 with the little 6 cylinder motor! Love mine btw
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about taking the badges off? It's really easy (vids on youtube). I left the C on each fender but the rest is gone, and it makes for a very clean looking truck. One of the things I really like about this generation of Ram is the clean look without any of the stupid looking plastic vents or hood scoops. Excluding the high trim levels, anyway - the trucks with the massive RAM on the tailgate look awful.

Congrats on the truck, you'll love it! I'm at 26,000 on my 2015 and it's been great.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. I love my 17. Best and most favorite truck I've had so far, and I've had all of the big 3s trucks. Congrats!
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

teamster_tom
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry,I have 2" to spare at the opening but can only get 10, in before a beam hangs flush. I haven,t decided which to tell my wife first, we need a new house with a taller garage, or we need a bigger trailer now that we have the truck.;)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Very nice truck Tom! It looks like it may have to sit outside, due to not clearing garage door. Maybe just illusion. Yup, man needs a truck, wife needs, car/suv/minivan.

Jerry

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh yeah!!! That is sweet!!

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
You are going to love that truck! Congratulations!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes