cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new battery dead while pluged in

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
My camper (keystone VR1) stays plugged in on a shore power 30amp hooked to my house. i went the other day and noticed that the battery was low, so after checking all the fuses, i removed it and purchased a new deep cycle battery. hooked it all up and everything was fine. went in the camper a week later and noticed that the battery was down to 3 lights on the meter in the camper. just to check, i put the AC and fridge on, they turned on fine. went 2 days later and the AC and fridge were not running. i had no lights in the camper and the meter had 0 lights lit up. so i turned off the AC and fridge. i will be looking into it tonight after work.... can you guys point me to the first items i should check....
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS
45 REPLIES 45

westend
Explorer
Explorer
fun w son wrote:
Success!!
The power max did the trick!
Thank you guys for all the help, it went exactly like y'all said....
Attaboy, glad it all worked out.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
Success!!
The power max did the trick!
Thank you guys for all the help, it went exactly like y'all said....
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
Just got the new converter in from fedex...I will install it Saturday and let y'all know
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered the new converter

http://www.bestconverter.com/Boondocker-Main-Board-Assembly-for-WFCO-8955_c_196.html

I will let ya know how it works out
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
thanks krobbe, that's what i wanted...
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
fun w son wrote:
Gonna replace the converter. Is there a meter that I can mount that would give me the charging amps other than the idiot lights I have now

I mounted this VicTec DC meter on a wall above my ProgIndust protection display near my distribution panel. I just wired it to a spare dc fused terminal. The load from it is very low.
(Top Meter)
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna replace the converter. Is there a meter that I can mount that would give me the charging amps other than the idiot lights I have now
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
One other possibility is a dead cell? Happened to a less than year old battery we had. Would not keep a charge. Does sound like a converter problem tho. Or maybe wiring?

TheWB
Explorer
Explorer
fun w son wrote:
Was noticing that when you change the converter, you change the 12v fuse board... Is that a required thing or recommended thing
required if you want to use the charge wizard override options. The control is on that board. Or you could order the remote pendent for about $10 and install it anywhere and keep your existing board. Swapping the board is easy.

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
Was noticing that when you change the converter, you change the 12v fuse board... Is that a required thing or recommended thing
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS

TheWB
Explorer
Explorer
krobbe wrote:
I'm going with a bad converter. Time to upgrade it.

Just upgraded mine, Details here.

Cost me around $200.

Boskie
Explorer
Explorer
x3
Good Sam RV club member

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
fun w son wrote:
krobbe wrote:

I'm gonna start lookin.... What you guys think is the best

I wouldn't buy anything but a Progressive Dynamics converter. The one in my rig is working fine after 40+ years.

X2
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

westend
Explorer
Explorer
fun w son wrote:
krobbe wrote:

I'm gonna start lookin.... What you guys think is the best

I wouldn't buy anything but a Progressive Dynamics converter. The one in my rig is working fine after 40+ years.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton