cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member here in Oregon

JesterX
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I have been shopping for an inexpensive camper for me and the boy to use for dirt bike and hunting trips, as well as family outings. I found a 1977 Trave L Mate sitting in a barn for $500. Couldn't pass it up. Just brought it home today.
So far my daughter and I have;
cleaned interior, all light covers and cabinets, even the cube of butter that was left in the frig. NASTY!!!!
Checked all the appliances to make sure they all work properly.
Got all the marker lights working. Only found one bulb out. The rest just needed the ground wire cleaned.
Cleaned all the exterior light covers in soap and water.

I'm STOKED! I finally have a camper again! I have had two trailers and now our second camper.

Now for my question. Does anyone know of a website that has info on these campers. I am coming up empty handed. I would like to have a wiring schematic for it.
Also, this one has no bathroom. Just a closet were it was suppose to be. The original owner ordered it without a bathroom. I was thinking of finding the parts and doing it myself. I know it wont be too fun, but, that's ok, Momma wants a potty.

Thank for any help
Jes
10 REPLIES 10

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
JesterX

Welcome!! Glad you understand the basic rules of life "If Momma Wants a Potty - Momma gets a potty - 'cause if Momma ain't happy.. ain't NO BODY HAPPY!"...lolol

We personally enjoy WISE Aaaaa.. Wise guys...so fire away...lol
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

JesterX
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone who is helping me find answers. I am no stranger to forums and the answers that come with such a large community. I have grown some pretty thick skin and take all answers in stride. Just keep in mind, I am kind of a smart@$$ at times. So hopefully I don't offend anyone with my responses.

I am by no means a cheap skate, BUT, I found a hole in the roof that is going to have to be patched with some aluminum from the garage. I made a beautiful patch that just needs to be riveted down and sealed well.Don't panic kids, I WILL NOT USE SILICONE. I am looking into the product from
epdmcoatings.com.
I want to install new roof vents at the same time.

Jes

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Jester,
Welcome here. This is an eclectic bunch with a lot different slants on how to proceed. In a few months it will be 10 years since I wandered on here asking a lot of questions and getting a lot of answers, many contradicting each other. But i did learn.
It amazes me how many still wander on to the Truck Camper Forum and talk about a pull-behind tent trailer on wheel barrow tires. 8<)
I would hope in the future we can have a designation that everyone might understand.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

JesterX
Explorer
Explorer
This is truck camper. Load range E tires and just did the brakes and wheel bearings two months ago. 😉

Jes

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two things. Don't go overboard on costs. You will never get it back.
And get new tires, pull the drums and repack the bearings and inspect the brakes.

Led_67
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your find and Welcome to the forum

JesterX
Explorer
Explorer
Great! Thanks for the info.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You won't find a wiring schematic.......especially on that age of camper.

That camper was made by Travel Equipment Corporation (T.E.C.)
They were in Goshen, IN.
They made Lark, Camper Mate & Travel Mate.

A cassette toilet would be ideal for that camper.
Thetford has several cassette models
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

JesterX
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I just used a knife and scraped off all the mold and put it in a fresh bed of waxed paper. The camper was last registered in '97, so it's not that old.

Had my daughter go get a zip lock bag and went to work. Dang that thing stunk! Used bleach and water to clean the inside of the frig. I'll pick up a box of baking soda for it tomorrow.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your find. How did you clean the cube of butter?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."