cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Pop up Warranty?

Jollero
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to be back into camping after selling our way too large camping we had in years past. Conviced the wife to get a pop up for the kids as they are getting older (4,7,9). My question, they offered a warranty for another 1k. It is a Jayco which says they cover the lifters, floor, roof, frame lifetime, two year limited and five year covers some. So after two years, the electrical, water pump, wiring, axels, leaf springs etc, are not covered. Does not seem like worth it, what is your take, help me out, i have a week to decide.
8 REPLIES 8

Serenlyretired
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the Jayco included warranty which I found to be adequate. Had 2 problems a small leak in one corner which stained a sleeping mat & a braking problem. Both were fixed/replaced at no cost to me.
PS The fridge, furnace etc still preforms well after 10 years & over a 1,000 (Thousand) nights use. I did replace the stove this year.

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
These used vehicle extended warranties are rarely worth the $$.

I have read a lot of horror stories. Many times they are more of an "insurance" policy administered by a 3rd party. LOTS OF FINE PRINT. Some restrict to certain service providers. Some even require you to pay first then submit a claim.

If ever, one is considering purchasing an extended warranty:
- Negotiate a better price
- Get a copy of the actual contract you will sign (not the little 2 page brochure they will give you) and READ IT VERY CAREFULLY.
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Areas that often have some problems would be A/C, Fridge, Furnace and water heater. Those items almost always have a warranty from their respective manufacture for 2 or more years, separate from the trailers warranty that maybe only 1 year. Electrical and lifts do sometimes have issues but not worth a $1000 for a rather short warranty that covers little else. Roof and floor problems are rare.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Jollero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, thats what i figured, i will save the money. Did not know if people had any major issues to worry about.

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
johnrbd wrote:
Put the $$$$ into savings, it will given more options if/when needed.

I agree, almost a no brainer with a PU. Not much to likely go wrong that you can't take care of yourself.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never purchased the extra warranty with my off-road POPUP. Two or three items already had a long term factory warranty on it - the roof was one item as I recall...

Everything still running great on my 2008 model purchase

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar warranty on our PUP. Never had to use it. We had the PUP for 6 years. Our RV insurance we carried with our automobile policy covered the hole in the roof when one of the awning legs flipped over in the wind and punched a hole through the roof. But that had nothing to do with extended warranties or extended service plans. Pass ... save your money.

johnrbd
Explorer
Explorer
Put the $$$$ into savings, it will given more options if/when needed.