cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW RAM HD 1000lb-ft #2

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was ready to post this and it came pack ERROR thread has been closed.

"I have always said to ignore the people that side track a thread as it happens, i know I have gone off topic before also. BUT maybe a PM between these two would save a lot of scanning to get to the next post.

Really hate to see this one get closed as it's a good topic for people interested in a new truck."

SOOOO let's keep this going AND as close to on topic as possible. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
80 REPLIES 80

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
One thing I think will be a good option is the headlights that turn I think up to 15 degrees. Nice to see where you are going around a corner.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Enjoy your day Marty!!!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
blt2ski wrote:
Oh it's semi cloudy in Seattle, 15-30 knots of wind, sailboat race today.....should be a hoot.
Hopefully the manure types on here don't create too much trouble!

Marty

Great day for a Sailboat race. I use to participate in sailboat races on Puget Sound. I recall on race sailing on about a 32' boat, we broached a couple times, working the fore deck, I ended up standing on the side of the mast! Fun Times!!:B

Sorry for the sidetrack!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
" At one time I would have considered a Limited but the awful grille and tailgate in the last few years have completely turned me off of them. "

I completely agree the Limited grill is GAWD AWFUL. If I were to have gotten a Limited I would have switched the grill to the LongHorn.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
blt2ski wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
4" of manure? Oh yeah, the pitfalls of moderating this forum. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Only 4" of manure... that must be during camping season. In the off-season I'd imagine the manure gets a LOT thicker...

Actually some members of this forum create more manure of ALL types I've hauled, s poo read, worked in. Not sure my bobcat can clean it up fast enough.

But, reality is, some of us work in construction, using our trucks as tools. We do NOT want leather seats, carpet etc but do want want the higher power, better trans options, that are not included in lower level trucks. Dodge and Nissan for example, try to find the diesel option in a 15 series work truck interior! GM the 6.2 max tow pkg! Or any of the max tow pkg with 3.73 gears and smaller motors...
Same can be said in 25/35 series trucks. Just because I buy a work interior, wearing rain gear, boots covered in mud, does not mean we do not want the trans with more gears for better performance, lover gear because we are on local streets that are 20-30% gradients, AC, cruise etc.

Marty

Did someone hear the new trucks have limits on getig the HO and Aisin in a tradesman?
Agree on the carpet thing. Itโ€™s ok to have the good floor mats, but my last work truck has carpet and not a fan. Personal truck, ok. But one should be able to scrub and hose out a truck floor!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
blt2ski wrote:
What is a Laramie vs longhorn? They have them vinyl floors, cloth seats so one can hose them out, dry inside with a back pack blower! Best trucks around are like that. You can also wear boots with 4" of mud and manure on the sole inside them, hose the sheet out! yep, the way trucks are supposed to me made and used!

Marty

Marty those years are LONG GONE!!! I worked 35 years in the Greater Seattle area so I know what mud is like!!!

I get a smile on my face getting into my LongHorn and ride in Luxury that's my reward tor all those Rainy Cold Wet Freezing days on the Construction site!!!

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
Oh it's semi cloudy in Seattle, 15-30 knots of wind, sailboat race today.....should be a hoot.

Marty

I will refrain myself for today so you can enjoy yourself. No promises for tomorrow though, especially if ozy starts doing his USA bashing again.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
blofgren wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Kinda like the 120V outlet. Anyone know what trim level that comes with it or is it a seperate option?

Itโ€™s been both my LongHorns. I simply donโ€™t look at lower trim levels. ๐Ÿ™‚

The โ€œlowlyโ€ Laramie has one as well.......:R

My 2014 bighorn had a 120v outlet as well. Idk about the newer ones
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

blt2ski

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

blt2ski
spoon059 wrote:
ScottG wrote:

Only 4" of manure... that must be during camping season. In the off-season I'd imagine the manure gets a LOT thicker...

Actually some members of this forum create more manure of ALL types I've hauled, s poo read, worked in. Not sure my bobcat can clean it up fast enough.

But, reality is, some of us work in construction, using our trucks as tools. We do NOT want leather seats, carpet etc but do want want the higher power, better trans options, that are not included in lower level trucks. Dodge and Nissan for example, try to find the diesel option in a 15 series work truck interior! GM the 6.2 max tow pkg! Or any of the max tow pkg with 3.73 gears and smaller motors...
Same can be said in 25/35 series trucks. Just because I buy a work interior, wearing rain gear, boots covered in mud, does not mean we do not want the trans with more gears for better performance, lover gear because we are on local streets that are 20-30% gradients, AC, cruise etc.

Marty

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Kinda like the 120V outlet. Anyone know what trim level that comes with it or is it a seperate option?

Itโ€™s been both my LongHorns. I simply donโ€™t look at lower trim levels. ๐Ÿ™‚

The โ€œlowlyโ€ Laramie has one as well.......:R

My Big Horn trim has one
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I wouldnโ€™t know. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Actually 9 of 2011 I took my parents to pick up their factory ordered 12 LongHorn DRW at Dave Smiths. Looked their truck over. Salesman took us to look at Laramies. Left with a 11 DRW LongHorn.

I know you're above a Laramie..at least in your mind...;). I'm quite happy with my non-cattle interior truck. At one time I would have considered a Limited but the awful grille and tailgate in the last few years have completely turned me off of them. And the CP4 pump now has me completely convinced to keep what I have.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
blt2ski wrote:
What is a Laramie vs longhorn? They have them vinyl floors, cloth seats so one can hose them out, dry inside with a back pack blower! Best trucks around are like that. You can also wear boots with 4" of mud and manure on the sole inside them, hose the sheet out! yep, the way trucks are supposed to me made and used!

Marty

blt2ski

Marty