cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to travel trailer land

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I have been a long time hybrid member and just upgraded to a 30ft. Wilderness travel trailer. As age has been creeping up on me and mama I that we would make the plunge for something easier to setup and tear down + the added length for comfort. Hope to have as many years with this rig as we did the ROO. There are two light strips on the front of the trailer, vertical, that I can't seem to find the switch to activate, anyone have a suggestion?
14 REPLIES 14

racecitypat
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new TT and happy camping!!!!!!
2013 Keystone Sprinter 331 RLS... "the Hillbilly Hilton"
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC, 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
www.campingvacationnation.com

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
red_neck_camper wrote:
With all due respect to the Heartland person you talked to, I don't buy that answer. I've never seen a trailer with those kind of light strips on the front that would be on with the rest of the night driving lights of the trailer. At night, those lights would be too bright in your rear view mirror. In my experience with Manufacturer support people, it would be a mistake to assume they all know what they are talking about.

Do the lights come on when plugged into the tow vehicle and the running lights on? If not, there is a switch somewhere.

Ken

You were right, after much searching and having the lights replaced from the recall, the switch inside the storage bay turned the lights on. Everyone has been a great help and I appreciate y'al

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
4Kellys wrote:
Like DJ said mine was on the light itself but you had to look close!

I both looked and felt close and no switch. I contacted Camping World RV and they indicated there was no switch that they were aware of. If you have a location of a switch I will check once again. I even pressed on each led light on both sets with no results. I plan on taking it back to them next month to have them check it out.
I appreciate the input though.
There is a light located on the lower right that has a switch on it that works that light however.

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
I have the same type lights. The switch is actually on the light itself but hard to see. That is where they NEED to be so you can easily turn them on/off while hitching/unhitching.

Would you care to share where the or these switch or switches are located on the lights. I can't locate any.

4Kellys
Explorer
Explorer
Like DJ said mine was on the light itself but you had to look close!

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same type lights. The switch is actually on the light itself but hard to see. That is where they NEED to be so you can easily turn them on/off while hitching/unhitching.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

red_neck_camper
Explorer
Explorer
With all due respect to the Heartland person you talked to, I don't buy that answer. I've never seen a trailer with those kind of light strips on the front that would be on with the rest of the night driving lights of the trailer. At night, those lights would be too bright in your rear view mirror. In my experience with Manufacturer support people, it would be a mistake to assume they all know what they are talking about.

Do the lights come on when plugged into the tow vehicle and the running lights on? If not, there is a switch somewhere.

Ken
2007 FORD F-350 4WD SC Longbed, 6.0L Powerstroke
2018 Rockwood 2706WS

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
red_neck_camper wrote:
Only other place to look is in the light switch grouping inside the trailer. They don't usually identify these switches, so you may not have discovered what each one does.

ken

I called Heartland and they told me these lights were suppose to work when plugged into the tow vehicle with the lights. I appreciate the suggestions since the only owners manuals are generic and cover all there products. Nothing specific. Bummer

red_neck_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Only other place to look is in the light switch grouping inside the trailer. They don't usually identify these switches, so you may not have discovered what each one does.

ken
2007 FORD F-350 4WD SC Longbed, 6.0L Powerstroke
2018 Rockwood 2706WS

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
BizmarksMom wrote:
Yep. Front pass through storage. Look toward the front of the trailer cap, you should see a switch for the pass through light, and one for the front lights.

There were two lights, one on each side of the storage pass through, but no switches other than the ones on the lights. This a 2016 model so that may be the difference.

racecitypat
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new TT.......
2013 Keystone Sprinter 331 RLS... "the Hillbilly Hilton"
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC, 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
www.campingvacationnation.com

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll check it out

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. Front pass through storage. Look toward the front of the trailer cap, you should see a switch for the pass through light, and one for the front lights.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
In the front pass thru storage compartment.