cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Tow Vehicle

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
New Tow Vehicle (2014 F350 Crew Cab 4X2 DRW PSD) is suppose to be at the dealer this week. Can't wait to see this truck in the Ruby Red. Trading in a 2011 White truck just like it and loved it. Only has 22,000 miles on it, and no problems at all.
18 REPLIES 18

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
nremtp143 wrote:
Ford Man wrote:
Dealer told me today it is due to his Dealership on Tuesday. He will send it for the under mount B&W for me to put my Companion on and a Line-X. Hopefully ready to pick up by Wednesday afternoon.

If you don't currently have a new model Ford ('11 and up) you will need to call B&W and get the updated foot pad kit for the new Fords! It comes as a 6 piece set. I had to have one for my '13 as the bed has changed where the Companion sits. Forget the flimsy "film" tape they send. Mine was no good right out of the box, so whe I called them back, they told me to use any type of adhesive that would hold up to heat. I explained that black bed liners get hot and the tape wouldn't hold. Ended up using 100% silicone to secure them. Had to tape them on there with masking tape until the silicone dried, but at least I can take the silicone off and use it on my Chevy dually if I have to. By the way, B&W shipped me the new foot pad kit at no charge! I love B&W!!!

I am trading in a 2011 DRW and it has the spacers. The company that is installing the B&W undermount for me is going to leave the spacer kit in the truck for me to use when I install the Companion.

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Man wrote:
Dealer told me today it is due to his Dealership on Tuesday. He will send it for the under mount B&W for me to put my Companion on and a Line-X. Hopefully ready to pick up by Wednesday afternoon.

If you don't currently have a new model Ford ('11 and up) you will need to call B&W and get the updated foot pad kit for the new Fords! It comes as a 6 piece set. I had to have one for my '13 as the bed has changed where the Companion sits. Forget the flimsy "film" tape they send. Mine was no good right out of the box, so whe I called them back, they told me to use any type of adhesive that would hold up to heat. I explained that black bed liners get hot and the tape wouldn't hold. Ended up using 100% silicone to secure them. Had to tape them on there with masking tape until the silicone dried, but at least I can take the silicone off and use it on my Chevy dually if I have to. By the way, B&W shipped me the new foot pad kit at no charge! I love B&W!!!
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer

arizal
Explorer
Explorer
TrentonTom wrote:
Battery is often dead on trailer due to lack of use and I will check the fuse for the "hot" wire. I am guessing that would be in the fuse block? I haven't really had a need to look for blown fuses yet. Thanks for all the info.

Tom,
Replace your battery and I think that all systems will work as they should.
If you can't keep the battery charged in the trailer during storage take the battery home with you and keep it on a float charger to maintain a full charge.
I would bet that you also have no power to your trailer brakes when you pull the break-away pin.
ArizAl
2009 Sierra 1500 SLT Crewcab 5.3 6 speed 3.42 Axle 4X4 w/ Runningboard Lift
2009 Viewfinder V21FB with Handicap Assist Mods
Yamaha EF2400ISHC

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new truck! Need pics or it didn't happen!!:B
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

azwildcat99
Explorer
Explorer
TrentonTom wrote:
I just bought a new 2013 F150 Limited to replace my 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition. I have a question. When I hooked the old Eddie to the TT I could run the power tongue jack. On the new F150, I cannot get the power jack to work. Is it a different wiring setup on the new vehicle? Any ideas would help, I use the manual crank to lower the TT now. Once I get electric hooked up at the camp site, the jack works again. TOM

Holy Thread Hijack Batman! ๐Ÿ˜‰

To the OP, Congrqats on the new truck by the way.
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB 4X4 D/A
2012 Heartland Prowler 27P BHS
Honda EU2000i

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
Can't wait to see pics!

And congrats on being able to "go new" every few years; I can only speak for myself but if I had the budget for it I would absolutely do the same.

The issue is that I have one of those low-paying Healthcare jobs (Clinical Research Coordinator) LOL. Definitely hope to join your club someday!
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
You should have a package in your glove box with a pigtail and a relay in it. The supplied diagram should show you where to install the charge relay.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

TrentonTom
Explorer
Explorer
Battery is often dead on trailer due to lack of use and I will check the fuse for the "hot" wire. I am guessing that would be in the fuse block? I haven't really had a need to look for blown fuses yet. Thanks for all the info.
31 ft. Wliderness GL
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

mhsmith
Explorer
Explorer
TrentonTom wrote:
I just bought a new 2013 F150 Limited to replace my 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition. I have a question. When I hooked the old Eddie to the TT I could run the power tongue jack. On the new F150, I cannot get the power jack to work. Is it a different wiring setup on the new vehicle? Any ideas would help, I use the manual crank to lower the TT now. Once I get electric hooked up at the camp site, the jack works again. TOM

I found out a couple months ago that the 12v line to the trailer connector is not live with the key off. I would think that your jack would be powered from your trailer battery though.

msalyer
Explorer
Explorer
You may not have the fuse/relay installed for the "hot" wire in your 7 way receptacle. You also must have the key on to send power to the receptacle in a Ford.

TrentonTom
Explorer
Explorer
31 ft. Wliderness GL
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Well several post have concerns that I am trading a 3 year old truck with only 22,000 miles. I have always traded my Vehicle every 2 to 3 years and my Wife's Vehicle every 2 years.
Nothing wrong with that. We are both Administrators in the Healthcare Business and can financially do this and will continue to do so.
I trade my 5th wheel every 3 years as well.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I could justify it! I have 115,000 on my 08' and will likely get the new body style and features of the 2015 GMC Dmax. It isn't the miles as much as the new stuff and an engine that gives a little better mileage.
I don't really care if someone gets a 1/2 million miles or has their truck for 20 years the fact is the new techs make it a far better truck and the truck that is old normally has the body and insides worn out. Got to be styling!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.