cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New trailer, new generator?

Twistedlarch
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we just upgraded our TT from a 21' to a 28', we currently have a 2000 (1800 running) Yamaha inverter generator. I have a feeling that this little gennie won't supply enough power to run the new bigger trailer, what wattage would be recommended for the larger trailer?

Thanks
Brian
20 REPLIES 20

Twistedlarch
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
600 watts on the roof ๐Ÿ˜‰

I put 400 watts on my little trailer, gonna miss it! I do plan to eventually run Solar on the new trailer.

Twistedlarch
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
What are you going to be running that you were not running with the smaller trailer?

I want to be able to run everything, my little 2K would'nt run the AC in our little trailer.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
...and adequate batteries, time.

Still run into RVers who think solar doesnโ€™t really work.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you arenโ€™t running the air conditioner, your generator will be just fine. Solar is easier but old generator will do it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are you going to be running that you were not running with the smaller trailer?