cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New trailer suggestions

08trdoffroad
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are considering upgrading. We currently have a 2010 StarCraft 176RB HTT. With the first trip since the arrival of our first son under our belt, we'd like something a bit bigger. We have been pretty happy with our StarCraft, and have looked at their Autumn Ridge line. But, I want to explore all options since we will likely buy the trailer brand new and keep it for a long time!

We want a queen bed in a separate room with bunks in the rear completely hardside. I'd like to stay around a max ready to camp weight rating of 6000 lbs. As my TV is rated up to 6500 lbs.

With that said. Does anyone have a specific make/model they would recommend. I want something that will last twenty-thirty years with out breaking the bank.

TIA,

Daniel
2008 Toyota Tacoma V6 Auto
2010 Starcraft 176 RB
4 REPLIES 4

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a starcraft and love it.
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Your payload and tongue weight limits are the biggest limiters. I currently tow 6000# and 600# tongue. Trailer is 5100 dry and dry tongue is 500#. TV is rated 7500#. Look for a bunk trailer with rear bath and open front queen. Length should be around 23 ft.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
tv rating of 6500# is not a lot of left over for you , the wife and kid plus all the stuff you will load into the TT to take camping. You will have more than 1000# of excess freight to haul. if you only have a v6 you will only be able to go down hills and not up.

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
The tow rating is the most meaningless rating for a TV. A 6000# TT will have a tongue weight pushing 900# and payload is going to be your limiting factor. Where you live youโ€™ll be doing at least a fair amount of mountain driving and I think 6000# will be a load for a V6. But I pull a lighter TT so weโ€™ll see what others say that tow with similar rigs.