Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Valley Truck Camper Get together ----- June 14, 15 2013

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
We are having an Ohio Valley Truck Camper Get Together this June 14 15 & 16
Even though this is a Truck Camper get together everyone is welcome to join us at Deer Creek State Park
Here is a Park map we will be in loop 4, so far we have sites 70 72 74 & 76. all sites in this loop do have electric.

We will have a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening although we will not be having organized activities, come and go as you like or just sit around the campfire.

There is lots of information about the camp and the area on the bottom of the page in the link above.

If you have questions, ask away...
44 REPLIES 44

db3kilrd
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I went to our first truck camper rally in 2012 with this group, in Ohio.We have been going to rallys with Mike Tassinari and his group for the last few years. We just got back from the hot air balloon festival in RI.There were about 30 Truck campers there. We traveled 550 miles to get there from western PA.It would be nice if there was a more local group(to me) to also attend rallys with.
Denny and Deb Berry
2013 Lance TC 950
2000 Ford F350 Dually 7.3 Deisel

famousperson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and greetings!

Yes, the group is still sort of intact. A few of us email each other now and again. There was a get-together last month,
with the word being spread by email. I don't know why it wasn't posted--we were never an exclusive group, the more the merrier, we felt. The danger was of not having enough people, never too many.

Anyway, if you are interested in seeing who is still interested, post on a thread called "Ohio Valley Truck Camper Get-together" and see who replies.

The group held pretty regular spring and fall get-togethers for about four years. Then interest dwindled. We had to stop going for the past couple of years because of various family complications. We are hoping to go camping again this fall, and I was planning on posting it, but I can't guarantee that that will happen.

Look back to look on previous posts to various "Ohio Vally Truck Camper" threads to see who were active. The ones I can remember off hand are CDL2 and SPOTT. You can PM them. If you want, I can probably find another couple of names for you, if you'd be interested. I just can't think of them now.

Anyway, we all always had a really good time. Anyone was welcome. On Saturday night we would have a pot luck dinner. Sometimes people stayed through Monday. It can't hurt to try to revive the spark!

Peter
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, QC, CTD, auto, 4X4, LWB, DRW, Jake brake.
2005 Lance 1121
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (toad)
+
2007 BMW R1200R (motorcycle)
Sierra Designs ASP 2 tent
Mountain Hardware sleeping bag
Thermorest 1 1/2" sleeping mat.

db3kilrd
Explorer
Explorer
Is this group still active?
Denny and Deb Berry
2013 Lance TC 950
2000 Ford F350 Dually 7.3 Deisel

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
TCRevolution.....great to meet you guys too.
Did you get my PM?

TCRevolution
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for sharing the awesome pictures of the Ohio Gettogether. We had a great time and learned a lot!!! So glad we made the drive up there.

WayneAndPaulett
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Bruce!

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
WayneAndPaulette wrote:
Bruce,
Could I impose on you to post the pics for me? I would really appreciate it.

CDL2

CDL2's new ride

Talking in the road

Spott & Mrs. Spott

Great pics Paulette, thanks for sharing.

WayneAndPaulett
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce,
Could I impose on you to post the pics for me? I would really appreciate it.

Peter and Marcia, we're sorry you couldn't be there. You're right, it was a great time.
Paulette

famousperson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody!

Marcia and I are really sorry that we couldn't make it to see old friends and make new ones. It sounds like everybody had a ripping good time.

Marcia is rehabbing a house that has to be ready to rent on July 1st and is overwhelmed with work. I was going to come but ran into a nasty problem with my jacks--the camper is half-way up and I can't get the electric jack system to activate. I'm exploring various solutions, none of which have me cranking the damn things down by hand.

Spott, thanks a lot for the pictures. We're looking forward to the ones Paulette will hopefully be posting.

Peter
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, QC, CTD, auto, 4X4, LWB, DRW, Jake brake.
2005 Lance 1121
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (toad)
+
2007 BMW R1200R (motorcycle)
Sierra Designs ASP 2 tent
Mountain Hardware sleeping bag
Thermorest 1 1/2" sleeping mat.

WayneAndPaulett
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to try to add the pics I took at the rally, so if someone could give me a few hints about how to do it, I'd appreciate it... it's been a long time since I've put pics on here.

We had a great time. Always good to see everyone, and really enjoyed meeting all the new people.

Paulette

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great time!! Thanks for sharing pics!
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great time too.

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
No problem Art, I was so tired Sunday I even let Kim drive half way home while I slept.
Great to finally meet you and put a face to the name/voice. Let us know when you'll be in the area and we'll see what we can do.

Bruce/Spott

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great time, Could not wait any longer to say by Bruce it was 0900 and no movement from your camper..... Good to meet you guys maybe we can hook up in Aug when we are up your way. Take care. ART