cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road with a Keurig Coffee Maker

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I've already done the search and didn't learn much.

I'm taking a cross country trip with my tt and would love to take the Keurig from the house. Some say to dump all the water then refill it and flush. That's too much work. Can the Keurig be lashed down in an upright position with the tank less than full and bounce down the highway. I would like this unit for on the road when you want to get an early start and not mess with dumping and rinsing a pot let alone waiting on the pot to brew. I like a fast cup or two in the morning.
40 REPLIES 40

LastOfTheBohica
Explorer
Explorer
Keurig makes a travel bag for the mini single cup models.

We use one for our Keurig and another one to protect our Delongi Nespresso machine.
Me, DW, Five Crazy Felines, One RB Angel
2011 Ford F350 SD, PSD 6.7, SRW, CC
2011 Komfort 3230FRK

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I have found that my Keurig Mini will fit on its side in my microwave.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a TT and the kitchen is in the rear as already stated nothing will stay on the counter. if you have a front or mid kitchen where the axles are just behind the counter the water should stay put. I don`t know if I would trust the coffee maker to stay put though? on a MH, I would think it would stay put, because there is no pivot point in the middle of the RV and a MH has shocks that help dampen the ride.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Heavy_Metal_Doc
Explorer
Explorer
rrupert wrote:
BubbaChris wrote:
Do you have to take your current Kuerig?

I bought my wife the baby one for a gift this year. It's the one where you put in the one cup's worth of water before starting the cycle. Very easy and there's no tank to worry about.

I imagine it would travel very well.

X2

x3....'cept I bought the machine for me, not her! The extra time to wiat for it to brew, compared to the bigger ones, is no big deal either since I'm not really in a hurry when camping.

I have a center kitchen and left mine on the counter once for a short trip. When I arrived, I found the little rubbery footprints from the machine traced all over the counter like it had swung back and forth at the limit of the cord length.....where the outlet a loose fit, it would have been on the floor.....

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of percolator is a Keurig?:h Mine is a no name SS and travels very well in a cupboard.:W

I have a ritual, I get up early, light the stove burner,(I prep the pot before bed) turn on the puter if we have WiFi, get my granola out and pour the milk on it and then settle down with my fresh coffee and find out on the forum there is a different way to do things.:?

I'm sorry guys, I'm stir crazy, the RV is 45 miles away, the DW found those dam black flour beetles in everything, I'm almost out of Norco and we have a bunch of folks coming to stay here next weekend, the DW and DDs are planning a wedding shower for our niece, did I mention my Norco. Humor is my only salvation. Now if I was only funny.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
What ever happened to the good old percolater?

Having said that, we do take a coffee maker for when we're plugged in but rarely use it when not plugged in. On the generator it surges to often to keep it hot. We sometimes make it then put it in a thermos to stop the surges but normally just use the percolater off grid!

It rides in the sink!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaChris wrote:
Do you have to take your current Kuerig?

I bought my wife the baby one for a gift this year. It's the one where you put in the one cup's worth of water before starting the cycle. Very easy and there's no tank to worry about.

I imagine it would travel very well.

DD bought us the same one for a new trailer gift. Works perfect, no stored water to worry about and packs easily in a cabinet.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
We leave the Keurig at home and use a cone filter for on the road. Dh's job is to get up first and start the water heating then I finish. Makes a great cup of coffee. I just grind beans before we leave.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

westend
Explorer
Explorer
martipr wrote:
westend wrote:
Do you have a 2000W inverter to power the Keurig?

Ever heard of shore power?

Huh, no, what is it?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Do you have a 2000W inverter to power the Keurig?

Ever heard of shore power?
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
I really don't know if it would ride well or not in ours but just be cautious (I love my coffee) I empty the reservoir and store under the sink.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
For times when electricity is not available, it's hard to beat an Aeropress. Easy to use, easy cleanup. But the Cafejo press that takes K-cups (mentioned by 'hedge') looks great for those who still want to stay with their K's.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

imadarling
Explorer
Explorer
I know this doesn't specifically address your questions...but the Bialetti Moka makes the best cup of coffee around and it only requires the burner on your stove. Granted it takes longer than the Keurig, but you can prep it before bed and just fire the burner when you wake up.

http://www.bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express-c-1_7_22.html

I discovered this thing and tossed my three other coffee makers (drip, Keurig, and french press) out the window.

-B

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I must have spent a crazy amount of money on coffee makers, but my morning coffee is important to me.

I tried the Coleman self contained propane coffee maker, it makes a decent cup but takes forever. I find my manual Keurig works best for us when we don't have power.

We still carry the e-Keurig for when we have power as it's faster than having to boil the water. It's unfortunate because we are rather tight on space in a truck camper but what can I say... we need our coffee.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB