cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion of 2004 Dutchman 38ft/Seasonal Camper

Owinsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2004 38ft Dutchman (I don't know specific model)at a local campground for seasonal camping. It has been in this park since it's purchase so it has been through lots of snow and heat in the summers. He says he has conditioned the rubber seals around the slide out once a year and has rubberized the roof every year. There is no musty smell inside and this was the first it was opened since last fall. He appears to have been very fussy, the unit looks in very good shape and has not had much use in recent years (not sure if that is good or bad). He is asking $17,500 for it but that includes $3,600 lot rental for the year, everything inside and it is well stocked. Small appliances, linens. etc. There is a huge covered deck that is of the quality composite material and beautiful, large patio set, gas grill, lots of wood, outside tools, 2 recliners and 6 stacking chairs and many extras. My questions are:

What should we look out for and what is the general quality of the Dutchman? We have never owned that brand

I know it is hard to say, but what about the price?

This will be a full time residence for 2 of us for about 4-5 months in the summer for maybe the next 4-5 years.

Looking for opinions. Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

Owinsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Ooops, see I already learned something new. Sorry.:o

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchmen not Dutchman.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."