cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Own a Jeep? Over 250K recalled for airbags/fire hazard

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heads up! Another of the very many FCA problems and a very serious one too.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT
28 REPLIES 28

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
More dOPe than I thought.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I love my '06 Wrangler Rubicon. Shakes like the dickens, tough to keep in a straight line at 65, but when the going gets gnarly, just put it in 4L and grabit and growl. 1st vehicle I've had in 40+ years that can get to/from the cabin year-round.....of course the non-winter that Alaska's had for the past several years might have something to do with that.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
doc brown wrote:
tplife wrote:
JEEP: A paradox, one of the last vehicles you want to own on the road for owner reliability statistics, one of the first vehicles you want to own when the pavement ends and the challenges begin.

On my 5th jeep, all have gone 180,000 plus miles before I sold them. Not an issue with any of them.

That's great, my mothers Olds Aurora also has a statistically poor reliability rating, and she had no problems either - there are always outliers in statistics, and with a Jeep, it's good to have one! (Yes, I grew up in Jeeps and owned a beloved in-line 6).

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why did I write "one of many" recalls for Jeeps in my topic thread?

Feast your eyes on this Jeep lovers!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwix38WutezPAhWFRyYKHT8BA9QQFgg_MAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeepproblems.com%2Frecalls%2FCherokee%2F2016%2F&usg=AFQjCNHLcQru-jd9sTId4Da6496KvwoKjw&sig2=RTss-u97k7d_pAtQjhpSKw

OR

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=jeep+recall+2016

These are in addition to the airbag recall just for the 2016 models. Gobs of articles/pages as to recalls for many different issues on Jeeps.

Read and weep but you Don, might just now be informed as you can't seem to see thru your FCA issued mandated blinders.

I'm the thread OP and the facts support it plus so much more!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is going to be a long winter!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

BTW Nutz people in glass houses comes to mind here, GM urges owners not to drive their 2016-2017 full size trucks and suv's LOL

Let's go for the trifecta and make EVERYONE unhappy. ๐Ÿ˜›

http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/ford-f-150-investigated-loss-braking-power

Brake problems on your 2015-16 Ford F-150? You're not alone

NHTSA LAUNCHES PROBE AFTER 25 REPORTS OF 'SUDDEN AND COMPLETE LOSS' OF BRAKING ABILITY ON 2015-16 FORD F-150 PICKUPS

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/ford-f-150-investigated-loss-braking-power#ixzz4Nj0oHQPD
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
doc brown wrote:
tplife wrote:
JEEP: A paradox, one of the last vehicles you want to own on the road for owner reliability statistics, one of the first vehicles you want to own when the pavement ends and the challenges begin.

On my 5th jeep, all have gone 180,000 plus miles before I sold them. Not an issue with any of them.

You guys.....Ill put this right here for all to read
Nutz wrote:
Why did you have to try to educate the diehards of deception that linger on this forum? The way they spout off without knowing or having a hint of the facts constantly exposes them so clearly! It's a JEEP problem alone!!!
:B

BTW Nutz people in glass houses comes to mind here, GM urges owners not to drive their 2016-2017 full size trucks and suv's LOL
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Travlingman,

Why did you have to try to educate the diehards of deception that linger on this forum? The way they spout off without knowing or having a hint of the facts constantly exposes them so clearly! It's a JEEP problem alone!!!

You are a total clown Nutz.

Fiat Chrysler is recalling more than 224,000 Jeep Wrangler SUVs worldwide because the air bags may not inflate in a crash.

The recall covers certain 2016 and 2017 Wranglers. The company says in government documents that wiring to a sensor can come loose, cutting off signals to an air bag computer. If that happens, the seat belt pretensioners won't work and the air bags won't deploy.

The company says no one has been hurt because the air bags didn't inflate and no customers have complained. The problem was discovered during company crash tests. Fiat Chrysler found that during a crash, the left headlight would rotate, pulling the wiring loose.

Repairs to fix the problem aren't ready yet, but Fiat Chrysler says it's imminent and owners will be notified when to set up a service appointment. Dealers will reroute the wiring at no cost to owners.

Fiat Chrysler says none of the 2017 models have been sold yet.

Owners can contact FCA at 800-853-1403.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
tplife wrote:

Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
I'll play.....http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-f150-auto-parts-obsolete-go-public-1.3746577

only after a consumer group got envolved did the manufacturer do something to solve the issue, good on them.

Warning to those that keep their trucks/cars for more then 7 years, they become obsolete very quickly.
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
The vehicle's made today are very complicated and no surprise for me to see problems are happening. My thoughts have always been happy for recalls.

chevman

Yeah, and some of the recalls are getting pretty silly too. I've got a recall on my Chevy based Roadtrek relating to passenger safety. According to what I've found on the recall (that I haven't had done), if the passenger isn't wearing their seatbelt as required by law, and the vehicle is in an accident the passenger could be thrown into the dash and be injured. So the recall is to add more padding to the dash.

And yeah, I've got the recall on my Jeep Wrangler but they don't have the parts yet to fix it.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
The vehicle's made today are very complicated and no surprise for me to see problems are happening. My thoughts have always been happy for recalls.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
It's sad that on these forums there appears to literally MY be hatred towards some who own certain types of trucks or cars. With all that is going on in the world today and right here in the United States, what type vehicle one owns should really be irrelevant. I owned Chevy trucks from 1975 through mid 2010, then purchased my first ever Dodge truck, and almost immediately was called a "fanboy"?!? Not that it matters, but I find it hard to believe how people go after others about what brand truck they own. I've seen recalls on quite a few. I owned Jeeps for 30 plus years, never an issue with any of them. I've owned Chevys, Pontiacs, Chrysler, Hondas, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi Subaru, Volvo, a Renault and Ford sedans.... never any big issues. Never thought to call people names for what they owned, or tried to start an argument as to which is the best UNTIL I joined this forum in 2005. WOW, the ugliness, the vehement hatred that I see some expouse on others. It's gotten really old, but I guess it's life as we know it in 2016.

Information as OP made was fine, but added that it was "one of many" for FCA. It may even be true, but the wording wasn't to inform as much as it was to instigate an argument from the get go:h , and it worked, the ugliness started again. Reminds me of when I was a kid in elementary school and we'd get into name calling for one reason or another, but we WERE kids back then.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
It seems some forum members like to sweep the internet for issues other manuf. are having so they can make a post for trolling purposes. I seriously doubt they did that out of the goodness of their hearts especially when you get the smart... remark at the end of the post.

FCA fanboys being often in the forefront.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)