cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Park Trailer - Value.

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
So here we are. After a number of years camping with the kids on weekends or for at a week at a time the wife and I have come to realize the kids want to bring friends or have a destination and enjoy the camper at a campground and hit the road from their to tour.

We are in the market for a new trailer. We apparently have out grown our trailer. It hurts because I love it. But we do not have a slide and the awning has some gremlins.

Your thoughts on purchasing a 38ft park trailer and leaving it at a campground for the season and moving it from year to year to another location? The price is right. The size is fantastic. Thoughts. Sorry as this may have been discussed in the past.
Sir Buffalo!
2006 Zinger by Crossroads 27BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7
5 REPLIES 5

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the responses. I have to agree on all ends. Have no idea what I was thinking! Need to make a move at the end of the Summer season. Like to get a nice trailer with a king size bed if possible. Two kids and two medium size dogs is getting a bit crazy!
Sir Buffalo!
2006 Zinger by Crossroads 27BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
hauling a park model is going to be one big pain.
They are made to be hauled in and left

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

spike99
Explorer
Explorer
Always best to pick your Seasonal CG site first. Then, ask them of their rules.

For example:
- Some CG's have max size restrictions.
- If CG's desired lot is within a ""flood zone", they may make you move it to higher ground every fall. Then, move it back in the spring (after flood season has ended). Sometimes, they move your large TT for a fee or you have to arrange your own moves. Each place has different rules.
- Some places have minimum build years. re: Cannot have TT's older than 20 years.

My family was at same seasonal site for 7 years and loved it. After 5 years, "same old / same old" routine. If season site again, I'd probably move every 4-5 years. And to move the large TT, I'd hire a large towing / tow truck type company. Thus, no need to buy expensive large pickup.

Note: We had a 29ft TT and our kids slept outside in their tent most of the time. At certain age, being inside TT with mom/dad was uncool. Thus, the kids and their friends would often sleep outside - unless they got rained out. LOL!

Hope this helps.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
I think it will be a lot more problems than it's worth.

If it's over 8'6" wide (a lot of them are 10' wide) you'll need a permit to move it.

The wheel quality under them are for towing to an RV park and leaving it there.

I think you'll have to get it skirted and tie into regular electricity, water and sewer, not TT type connections.

I don't think they're built quality wise to be moved every year.

Etc, etc, etc.

Bill

Concur!
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it will be a lot more problems than it's worth.

If it's over 8'6" wide (a lot of them are 10' wide) you'll need a permit to move it.

The wheel quality under them are for towing to an RV park and leaving it there.

I think you'll have to get it skirted and tie into regular electricity, water and sewer, not TT type connections.

I don't think they're built quality wise to be moved every year.

Etc, etc, etc.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.