cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

plastic leveling blocks - What Do You Think?

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they woukd be easy to use for the incline steep driveway. Now i hear they slip on concrete. Any truth? They are on sale at Camping World internet. Good deal if they work.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200
50 REPLIES 50

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
We have both. Both work well in certain circumstances.
Use them together.. Mostly on the jacks, so we don't have to extend them so far.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
I have a bag of Lynx Levelers and won a set of caps from their FB giveaway last year.

Parked the TT on soft ground for winter storage on top of the Lynx. Will have to pry them out of the ground when we move the trailer for camping, but way better than being on the grass all winter.

Great product at little weight. I can see them, too, when we pull out of the campsite so haven't lost one yet.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Surf Bums wrote:
As a new member to the TT life i was just contemplating wood or plastic. Wood would defiantly fit the budget and seems pretty reliable. What's my advantage to use the blocks instead?

Have you ever played with Lego's as a kid?
Now you get to again!
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
Lynx Levellers---Are they making them poorer quality?

I still use the two sets I purchased 10 years ago and used them on concrete just two weeks ago without a problem. I have squished them into soft dirt before and had to wash all the mud out of the holes. Trying to level the camper on muddy ground, they don't work well for very soft ground.

Goomph
Explorer
Explorer
Surf Bums wrote:
As a new member to the TT life i was just contemplating wood or plastic. Wood would defiantly fit the budget and seems pretty reliable. What's my advantage to use the blocks instead?

They are lighter, easily cleanable, have integrated chocks if you buy them, and you build them up/stack them and have different heights as the situation requires to level your RV. Walmart sells them at 31.88 I believe. Not that expensive in my opinion. I was able to score a bag for 2 dollars at a garage sale, do NOT ask ๐Ÿ™‚ Then I gave it away when I sold my tent trailer, I wanted the newbie campers to have an easy time leveling. Why carry planks of wood when you can easily fit a few bags of Lynx anywhere ... I guess, versatility ?

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Surf Bums wrote:

Very lightweight, do not rot, easy to clean, easy to store...
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

goingnorth
Explorer
Explorer
I have the yellow block,s 2 bags with chocks and have not broke any yet, first year I camped with my TH I broke 3 treated wood planks, then I switched to the blocks, 9 years now. I do carry 2 1" planks in case I only need a little lift, the blocks add 2" the first row then 1" for additional layers. I have only used them in snow once without problem, I have the chocks but never really used them, I use BAl chock with threaded rod instead.

I have also used the blocks for BBQ's, picnic tables and even chairs to keep them from sinking, or just leveling.

If I had to carry enough wood blocks to level at some of the places I have been it would weigh 100#s, so the plastic is light and easy to store.
13 F250 6.2L XLT CCSB 4x4 4.30 gears

09 Keystone Passport 290BH UF elec jack,30"scissor jacks+Eliminator Strut Stabilizer,PD9160+wizard,custom bumper hitch,added 18.5gal FW tank,dualcam HP 1200# WD,Fantastic Fan,Axle Flip,Lexan screen door covers.
My Mods.

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 bags of the orange and love them.
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

Surf_Bums
Explorer
Explorer

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I used both 2x6's and the Orange Lynx Levelers. Different situations called for different uses. I did break one of the orange blocks when it was on a very rough gravel lot and under one of the front stabs for a 16K 5th wheel, but other than that, very dependable.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

281bullet
Explorer
Explorer
At this point I have p/t wood that I use. So far it has worked for me.

Goomph
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, me and my friends regularly use ours around 10F degrees and nothing has happened to any of ours. And we pour hot water on them to remove them after camping, as they get really stuck to the ground and get covered by ice. You are talking about the ORANGE , original lynx levelers right ? There is a knock off "yellow" one which is different, you are not by any chance confusing them ? I have never heard of a lynx leveler being destroyed below zero.

Trail-Mate
Explorer
Explorer
I use both wood and have had very good usage from Lynx Levelers. But I can say they will disintegrate when used at temps below freezing, I destroyed several this winter. I have also use them for car repairs . Best way to get a sedan up and level when doing a fuel pump replacement and not have anything in your way, Have also use lynx to make a ramp to change a flat on the road. I carry 4 packs and 2 2X8's and on one site needed them all to get level.
1997 Ford F250 Extended Cab, 7.3 Diesel, 8 foot bed.
Reese 16K Hitch
(Moved into Shed) Hensley Arrow
Jordan Brake Controller, Hensley TruControl Gold Shelved.
Open Range 5th Wheel, Roamer RF392 BHS

Happy Camping !!

Goomph
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the lynx levelers for almost ten years now (A few months short of it). Over time I accumulated 4 boxes of them. Some sites I have been in, I had to raise the trailer as a whole (both wheels) so that I could raise the tongue enough to level the trailer. If I had been using wood instead of lnyx, I would have been carrying a lot of weight with me. And when I am done using with them, just wash them if they need it and they are as good as brand new. I started with wood planks but switched very quickly when I discovered the orange thingies people were using all around me at the camp grounds.

I am sure that most of the people who like wood would switch if they used the orange blocks once or twice. Or maybe they would not ๐Ÿ™‚ Well I think they would ๐Ÿ™‚

Lowsuv
Explorer
Explorer
what do you get an old fogey with a travel trailer for his birthday ?
answer : a bag of the orange plastic leveling blocks .
you can get him another bag the next year .
one bag of blocks is not enough for a tandem axle trailer
i also have to carry various 4x6 and 2x6 blocks in addition to the 2 bags of plastic blocks .
we do 70 % of our camping in non hookup sites , half of that dispersed camping .
we often have one side that is 4-6 inches lower than the other and requires significant blocking on that side .
the trailer brochures always show the beautiful camp spot with no other trailer in sight and the RV perfectly level . why would i need any blocks at all ?