cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power tongue jack measurements

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
I need to put a new tongue jack on my hybrid. Unfortunately, I'm having issues finding measurements for all the jacks I'm looking at. They typically give the full height of the jack, but don't give a measurement from the mounting plate to the top of the motor housing.
I'm leaning towards the Husky Brute 4500 (HB4500) I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me this image.

Adding up the 2 pertinent measurements, I get just shy of 17". However, the measurements that people have posted on Amazon reviews go anywhere from 18" to almost 23". I trust the folks here more than random Amazon reviewers.

I'm also looking at the Ultra 4000 based on the comments here, Amazon ratings aren't great. I just contacted them today, but haven't heard back from them yet.

So I'm asking if owners of the HB4500 and the Ultra 4000 could measure from the mounting plate to the top of the motor housing and post it here.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

cooperrobt
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the Husky Brute 4500 jack. Excellent jack and very happy with it. I do not know if it is better or worse than other jacks and quite frankly they all seem to be built the same to some degree. I just measured its height with a tape measure from the top of the tow frame where it is mounted and it looks like 22" high to the top of the jack. Add 1/4" for the round rubber cover that provides access for the manual crank or leveling bubble.

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a jack based on recommendations here. Needed something that would not interfere with tent end when folded down. A member with same trailer steered me to a particular jack. Turns out it does interfere with tent end so I just unscrew the top piece which is a leveling bubble. Not perfect but not a problem either.
Just be careful. You may not really know until you install it.

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still leaning that way, but need to double check my clearance before I order. I haven't found a local shop yet that has Ultra-Fab or Husky in stock

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Husky Brute 4500. You won't be sorry. It's the only one I'd recommend currently

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
I heard back from the manufacturer and the HB4500 is 21 1/2" from the mounting plate to the top of the housing.

I also emailed E-Trailer and they measured the HB4500 and came up with 22"

E-trailer said the Ultra 4000 is 18" from mounting plate to top of housing.

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not really limited on the space around the jack. But since I have that fold down front bunk, I am limited on space above the tongue. Since Ultra-Fab was able to give me the information I needed, they have edged up above the Husky. Still waiting to hear more from Husky.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
If it helps any I replaced the Lippert jack that came with my Coachmen Freedom Express with an UltraFab 3502. It's ALL metal construction, including the head, and the mounting plate has multiple holes which allow mounting the jack so it's turned 90 degrees and facing to the side of the trailer, thereby allowing my truck tailgate to clear the jack. The lower shaft on this particular jack is 2" while the LCI's was 2.25" so I installed a piece of hardwood to better secure the lower shaft. Works great. :B

3 Pics start here.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
I heard back from Ultra-Fab. They sent me this image, so it looks like the Ultra 4000 is about 18" clearance.