cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Powercaster, Trailer Valet, et. al. Who uses one?

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to hear from anybody who uses a motorized unit such as PowerCaster or Trailer Valet to park their TT. What brand and why? What do you like or not like? All replies welcome and PM me if you wish to avoid flaming. Thank you, all.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B
5 REPLIES 5

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We have a tight parking spot for our trailer and looked into these. We ended up with a front hitch for our truck - works great.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used it yet but I bought a Parkit360 option B Force 10K (basic without trailer brake control).

It came with 22 inch and 80 inch cables. I ordered matching Anderson connectors and cut the 80 inch cable to make a second 22 inch cable for a second trailer. Will use what is left of the 80 inch cable as my extension cable for both trailers. I ordered it with both 2 inch and 2-5/16 balls. I'm not moving on a grade so didn't order the brake option. I plan on adding an extension to the emergency brakeaway just in case I need to emergency stop.

Previously I was backing into my front yard through a 10 ft gate on a 100 ft dia cul de sac. Using a front hitch.

At the new address accross the street I need to turn in sharply to the right from a 12 ft wide private roadway with fences into the back yard. Backing in might be possible with a lot of trouble. So i had a 6 ft fence with 24 ft wide gate put in set back 4 ft and will have to pull the trailer into the yard after unhitching. Backing in at the front of the house is not an option. The yard is 2 feet higher than the street, there is no driveway and there is a Nice Crape Myrtle tree providing the only shade in the front yard where a driveway would have to go.

I should be moving the trailer into the back yard next month.

Y-Guy
I had one about 13 years ago, did the job like I needed it to. Electric powered, and required you to hook up to the battery to, setup took a while but it was well worth it. It had it's own mounting system, didn't depend on using the jack. The down side was it conflicted with my Equalizer WDH so I had to take it on and off.

But trying to back up with the gas line that was misplaced nearly caused a divorce, the power mover saved the day. I would move the trailer by myself if needed without any worry.

When we changed RVs I sold it for just about what I paid for it, less the shipping costs. That guy has been using it since then.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

drmopar
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the Power Caster years ago to move my trailers around my yard. The Power Caster does a great job. It also has a switch and wire harness that you wire into your electric brake circuit that allows you to lock the brakes to hold trailer on a incline so it does not roll away when using. I went with the A/C powered unit rather than the 12 volt battery unit. The only issue I have had was the face plate on the switch box is larger than the box, and the sharp razor like edge has sliced me open a few time while turning the trailer. I contacted Power Caster about this issue, but they just blew me off.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Motorized trailer movers post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman