cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with slide out mechanism/cables and chains

Brockc
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Keystone Zeppelin. Since I have owned it, the cable buckles that connect the chains and cables have bumped or hit when passing during the opening or closing of the slide out. This has caused the system to hang, catch, and make noise as they release or pull apart. I have had to use sticks and bungy cords to stop them from hitting as they move through the process of opening/closing. Recently they hit again and the right side chain actually pulled out of the buckle. I spent two hours reconnecting the chain and buckles but now the slide will not close up evenly. I'm sure this is an adjustment issues. However, I now see that the mounting bracket that attaches the pulleys to the wall on the left side has actually pulled out of the wall. Any advice or experience with this type of issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

sacmarata
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Keystone Cougar here. I've noticed the spring that holds all my wiring drags the cogs on the arm everytime it slides in and out and have worried that sooner or later, as the spring weakens over time, it will catch a cog and get chewed up on the way in. May never happen, but I don't understand why Keystone designed it to literally drag across each cog.

I don't have any real advice other than once you get it repaired, I would get under there and fabricate something to ensure nothing drags. I'm lookin at mine again this weekend as last time I just scratched my head alot.

As for the fella that commented first, why not just point and laugh while yer at it?

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
we were looking at a keystone with cable slides and after reading some of the reviews of owners, we decided to go another route. the TT we have uses a different slide system and after seeing the problems you are having, I count this a a happy day for me.