cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolite by Roulette

Rhiman
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I’ve sold my 38’ Class A MH and am looking at a 2000lb TT. This company is based in Canada and makes what looks like a great little trailer, I’m looking at the Prolite Escapade. Lots of function. They seem to be hard to find in the lower 48. Anybody ha e experience with these? Can you make a suggestion for an alternate. I’ll tow with a 2019 Kia Sorento which has a 2000lb weight limit and 280lb tongue capacity..
7 REPLIES 7

rfporzio
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Prolite Plus S. I have a 3500 tow limit. The S comes in at 1390 empty. It obviously tows like a dream. I visited the factory and was very impressed. I wouldn't advise riding the edge. They have lighter options. But obviously if that isn't the route you want to take, I would advise looking at other tow vehicle options.
I have purchased american made for the last 30 years and my last new Jayco drove me over the edge.
So with that said, there are other Canadian options. I am thus far extremely pleased with my Prolite and possibly the best RV purchase yet.
Good Luck and happy camping!!
2012 Tacoma 4WD
2012 Camplite 5.7

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
If the TT tongue weight and TV cargo do not exceed the vehicle weight limit, I would be surprised. Also the 2K weight limit, says a lot about towing.

While wind buffets bother some, other take them in stride. I suspect that if you are used to a Class A, you will kind them very annoying.

From a mileage and performance stand point I would go with a Pop Up.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Rhiman wrote:
drsteve wrote:
From the manufacturer's website: "...designed for SUVs and vans with a towing capacity of over 2,400 pounds."

A friend of mine drives a Sorento. No way is it up to towing a high sided travel trailer. A popup, maybe...

Yeah, I read that. But the trailer weighs 1940 lbs.. I plan to haul it empty. What am I missing? And what do you mean high sided?

High sided as in you're pulling a sail down the road. Aerodynamic resistance is the main reason TTs are harder to pull than an equivalent weight boat or flat trailer. With less capable vehicles like small/midsize SUVs this becomes an issue. Some manufacturers even have maximum frontal area limits for trailers in the towing specs.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
you must have the base sorento. properly equipped and with a proper hitch setup they make good tow vehicles within their limit. that said with your given limits id be looking at popups. or take the money from a new rig and buy used and take the savings to upgrade the tow vehicle
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Olli
Explorer
Explorer
That dry weight most likely does not include battery, propane and other options.

I tow a K-Z Sportsmen 16BH with my 2016 Sorento V6 AWD. Tows well even in windy weather, but it is a massive air scoop behind the vehicle. We don't travel far though, but it has served us well since 2016 for couple of weeks and around 2000 miles. Most challenging situations were both last year, first when we camped at the bottom of a steep washed out gravel road, but Sorento had no issues pulling the trailer up the hill. Second was in October when it snowed over the weekend and roads were covered in ice on the way home, and of course I had no winter tires on yet.

Rhiman
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
From the manufacturer's website: "...designed for SUVs and vans with a towing capacity of over 2,400 pounds."

A friend of mine drives a Sorento. No way is it up to towing a high sided travel trailer. A popup, maybe...

Yeah, I read that. But the trailer weighs 1940 lbs.. I plan to haul it empty. What am I missing? And what do you mean high sided?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP