cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing a 1996 Jayco 1006 pop up

nano
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to be purchasing a 1996 Jayco 1006 pop up tomorrow. We already have a 5th wheel, but wanted something smaller for ds and his friends, or for when we want to go to state forest campgrounds. We've never owned a pop up before, so I wanted to ask if there is anything we need to look for before buying? The tires look good, I don't notice any signs of leaks, the floor is solid. We will go through the camper again tomorrow and the owner will show us how everything works and how to fold it up, etc.. I just want to make sure we don't miss anything important.
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
1 REPLY 1

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Pay close attention to details. I spend a kind of inordinate amount of time resetting screws and bolts, tightening, gluing etc. Don't even remember what year mine is but it was a mid 90s model and takes a lot of upkeep (but that's a pretty old trailer). Just look it over good and ask lots of questions. Mine is constantly being used by novices so it does get some abuse ๐Ÿ™‚
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population