cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pushing the rear

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone. My my trailer (that pulled nicely before I put it away) was pushing the rear of my WJ around a little bit when I brought it home. I'm confident I had it loaded properly and the issue is not with the trailer. Jeep is due for new shocks. Would warn out shocks in the rear cause this or am I looking at front end parts and im just feeling it in the rear?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
13 REPLIES 13

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I did a tie rod end over the winter, others checked out. I will dig deeper when I do shocks. thanks for the info. and ya I love my wj, shame shes getting older if I could buy a new one I would. don't like the new "jeeps" they have lost what made them cool.

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
That said also open to suggestions for a low (er) cost weight distribution hitch setup that is worth the money and available in canada

http://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-48058-Elite-Weight-Distributing/dp/B005SB6S3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458598420&sr=8-1&keywords=eaz+lift

May have to copy and paste to your browser. Best wishes!
Times fun when you're having flies!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If money is tight look for a good used WD hitch. I know you said it towed fine last year, but sometimes things just feel different after a winter. Have the Jeep checked out and have anything worn out replaced. The only real issue with the WJ was tie rods or the rear upper arm joint on the rear axle. After that, that Jeep is very solid.

A WD hitch will do wonders.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
got your email. thanks. we can communicate there.

Bob_Sue
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, just changed my profile to accept p/m. Also sent e-mail with info.
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bob Sue. Your account blocks privet messages but I am interested. feel free to email me at jeremydalimonte@hotmail.com. Looking for age, condition, model number and asking price.

Bob_Sue
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi, I live in Mi not far from the bridge. I happen to have a Blue Ox wd hitch. If you would like info on it I can dig out the paperwork I have and possibly sell it at a reasonable price for you. I don't know if you can private message me on this site or not, but we can talk somehow if you want.
Bob
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
That said also open to suggestions for a low (er) cost weight distribution hitch setup that is worth the money and available in canada

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Tires are always checked prior to any trip. That's not the issue.

Correct. I currently just run a friction sway bar. I would eventually like a WD hitch but the 700 or so bucks are just not in the cards at the moment. I do stay well inside my payload numbers and I really don't sag very much. Have never bottomed out on a bump or anything either. its more the pushing/bouncing that I never used to feel that has me concerned. Shocks are due either way more just curious if that's going to make a noticeable difference.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
if i see right you do not have a weight distribution hitch i would recomending getting one if you do not have one

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Verify your Jeep's tires AND trailer tires are fully inflated.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
it is no doubt getting shocks before the upcoming camping season. it came out of storage with the exact same load it went in with the exception of a couple million dryer sheets. just trying to decide if im going to need more than shocks or not because if I am id like to do it all at once.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Towing puts a lot of stress on the TV. If it needs shocks, I would replace them. If it towed good before, are you sure your hitch is adjusted same as before? Did you maybe change the way the trailer is loaded? Have you added weight to the TV?

Front end parts wear, if high mileage, you may want to have a trusted shop check it out.

Jerry