cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about my refrigerator

Giltex
Explorer
Explorer
We are new TT owners due to a massive flood in March destroying our lake house on Lake Caddo in East Texas. Bought a very clean used Layton Joey that is working perfectly for us until we rebuild. Question about the frig: I am leaving it running all the time on 110V. If the electricity goes off will the unit reset like the one at home? Or am I going to have to reset it manually?
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF you have an AC/Propane absorption fridge and IF you have it in 'AUTO' mode and IF you have propane valved in and IF you have 'purged' propane system so that propane is available then YES.

In Auto fridge priority is 120V AC then if AC power is lost fridge swaps to Propane and will then swap back to AC when/if AC power is re-established.

Course that is 'generic' operation........

WHAT BRAND/MODEL is YOUR FRIDGE????
With that info specific info can be provided.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Mine would switch automatically to propane then back to AC when power returns. Pull the plug and see
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Giltex wrote:
We are new TT owners due to a massive flood in March destroying our lake house on Lake Caddo in East Texas. Bought a very clean used Layton Joey that is working perfectly for us until we rebuild. Question about the frig: I am leaving it running all the time on 110V. If the electricity goes off will the unit reset like the one at home? Or am I going to have to reset it manually?

Easy way to find out, kill the power at the breaker then turn it back on. If it turns back on you have your answer and if it doesn't you still have your answer.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu