cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for Folding Hard Tonneau Cover

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that my GM accessory folding hard tonneau cover was not added to my order. I now have my 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab without a bed cover. Does anyone have a specific brand and model folding hard cover that they strongly recommend? Is there anyone that is using the GM folding hard cover? Just looking at recommendations before ordering the accessory cover from GM.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
19 REPLIES 19

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
WNYBob wrote:
Take a look at these:

https://softopper.com/

If you want to look like you’re going on an African safari...
I like those, but not sure they’re really for the Denali crowd.
In this context, Denali isn’t an Alaskan mountain adventure, it’s a 1 ton Cadillac! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I also have a Bakflip G2 cover. It's on a longbed Chevy. It's pretty water tight.
It has held up to a lot of abuse.
I had it on my last truck for 6 years or so . The same cover has been on my new truck for 2 years now. My cover divides into 4 sections which allows for great access.
I strongly recommend the Bak Flip
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at these:

https://softopper.com/

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
A bed cover should be watertight or virtually watertight. I have the OEM bed cover from Toyota and at highhway speeds in heavy rain it may only have 4-5 spoonfuls leakage.
I would suggest you order the OEM GM cover. You a likely to get better service from the dealer.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Bakflip MX4 hard tonneau cover on my 2020 Silverado 2500HD. I've had these same covers on the last three trucks I've owned. I can keep it on when towing my 5th wheel and they hold up quite well. They are not water tight however but I don't think any of them are. They are pricey though.
BAKflip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.