cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese SC Weight Distribution w Sway Control

Overhauler
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have the Reese SC WDH with sway control? I'm am thinking about buying one and I'm interested in what its like backing up with it. Since you'd have to disconnect a normal sway control arm, how is it with the integrated friction pads? Any limitation on maneuverability? Any other thoughts concerns?

Thanks guys, sorry if you have answered this before but I couldn't find it.
20 REPLIES 20

JKQ
Explorer
Explorer
My signature identifies the equipment I use. Regarding backing up I never disconnect my friction bars just loosen them up. Cross winds are sometimes felt but never a problem.
2013 CruiserRv Enterra 314 RES TT, 36ft, 3 slides
2013 Ford F250 Crew Cab Power Stroke Diesel 4x4
Reese WD hitch with dual friction control bars
Dometic 3000 KW portable genset

Overhauler
Explorer
Explorer
Well I went with the SC, and I'm quite happy with how it tows and maneuvers. No issues towing my rig at all and it got pretty windy, some gusts of up to 20mph and it performed like a dream. Very happy with it.

Thanks for chiming in guys!

Still_Searchin_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm another happy SC owner. Our trailer weighs 7500# and I have the 1200# WD bars and have NEVER had sway with my combo below. My understanding is the SC is a lot easier to attach and set up than the dual cam version. I did have to cut the ball's threaded bolt that stuck out below the nut as the WD bars would hit that part of the ball bolt in a sharp turn. Cutting off that portion of the bolt solved that problem.
2011 Jayco Eagle Lite 256rks 28ft. travel trailer; Reese SC hitch
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 6L w/3.73 differential
Member: TTN, Escapees, Good Sam
3x around USA, traveling about 6 mo/year

parrothead911
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the reese dual cam. I tow a 30' TT with a 2006 explorer with tow package, I am at the upper weight of what i am able to tow. We took a trip from Ann Arbor MI to Cedar Point this week with no problems. No sway when trucks passed, or crossed the bridge. Love the dual cam system, wouldnt tow without it.

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with the above posters. I have had my SC for 4 years and no problems. Very quiet and never unhook until the trailer is in place. I tow a 32' TT with a Dodge 1500.

buyyouabeer
Explorer
Explorer
Late to the party but I have Tundra Crewmax and the SC and have been very satisfied with it. Takes care of my Komfort Pacific Ridge 25FL which is a heavy trailer with a 4k rating for cargo. Went with the 1200/12,000 setup. Easy to back up and a breeze to get adjusted correctly.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Reese DualCam HP that I used to tow a 30' circa 8500# TT. It was fantastic; would estimate a couple of trips experienced 25+ mph crosswinds w/o a problem. Being passed by semi's, busses, Big A** Motorhomes created no problems either.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

DarylSue
Explorer
Explorer
APT wrote:
I'd spend the extra on the Reese Dual Cam over the Pro Series. I am very pleased with mine.

X2
Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with 2miles up and jerem0621 also. I have the cams now, but had the DrawTote before. Cams will pop but I unhook when I drop. Would'nt try to tow in anything over 20 MPH crosswind, going nowhere anyway!

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I'd spend the extra on the Reese Dual Cam over the Pro Series. I am very pleased with mine.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Overhauler
Explorer
Explorer
Guys,

Thanks for the response! Looks like I'm going with the Reese. Thanks again everyone for helping with the decision.

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add me to the list of happy Reese SC owners. I never unhook until the TT is in place.
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
I have the SC hitch and it is great. I have great control even in wind or when being passed by big rigs. It is very easy to hook up and unhook as well. I did have one of the brake pads come loose but Reese replaced it free of charge.

I would definitely buy this hitch again.

Paul

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
I've had one for 3+ years and have been very happy with it. Easy to hook up, don't have to unhook anything to back up and it is quiet.

My trailer isn't as robust as yours, but sized right I don't see why it wouldn't work right.
Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods