Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Handle for Heki Skylight Lance 1181

Christl
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks:
I have a broken Lift Handle Latch on the Heki 2 Deluxe skylight. The handle got twisted off when someone forgot to push the release button all the way in. Has anyone tried to use crazy glue to fix one? Where can a Left Lift Handle latch be purchased if it can't be glued (other then closest Lance dealer)? I also need a new strip of gasket seal enclosure. Any information would be useful. See picture of latch and broken seal.
thank you christl

8 REPLIES 8

Christl
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Reporting that Dometic service was excellent and I got the latches and skylight seal shipped to my door the other day. Not cheap but everything was there. On a related note, I have been having problems with the vent covers getting stuck to the seals on the vents that open. Has anyone tried to use dry underarm spray on the rubber gasket to make them less sticky from the heat. Foot powder seems to work but it a pain to us.
Imagine just watched a video on youtube showing them using baby powder for 7 years with great success. cheers

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought my handles from Domestic USA after waiting unsuccessfully to buy from the European sites. Mine didn't take long to get. BTW, I bought aftermarket gas shocks from a Eupean supplier after reading that standard Domestic shocks tend to fail fast in many cases.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

gpascazio
Explorer
Explorer
I've replaced the both Handles and the skylight frame on my Eagle Cap 1160. I got the parts from Dometic, Anybody interested in these documents Pm me with an email address and I will send you installation instructions and a parts list both documents are from Dometic (Heki).
2008 Ford F350 dually
6.4 L Diesel
2010 Eagle Cap 1160
300 W of Solar Panels

Christl
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched all articles on Heki in this forum and read them all and will go ahead and order the latches. How is the gasket seal held on? Was it a brush or bristle seal at one time? What does the replacement seal (any part numbers) look like as I have to replace mine as can be seen in the picture.
I also read a fair bit in regard to these sky lights leaking - would it be best to remove all exposed butyl caulking and replace it Dicor after giving the seam between the TPO roof and skylight a good cleaning? christl

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic USA will source the parts, but generally the price is high and the lead time long. If you go on ebay.uk you will find several dealers that stock and ship the parts to the US, often the price with shipping and the lead time are substantially less than Dometic USA.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Themucsel
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my Heki2 deluxe piece of crap. I called my camper manufacture (Chalet) and they gave me some info to follow up with Dometic USA......since my hatch was out of the one year warranty period. I was told by Chalet, a lot of times their warranty will extend beyond the one year period. It would be worth contacting them. They sent me three handles, one gas strut and a wind deflector.

Dometic USA 1-800-544-4881
CustomerSupportCenter@dometicUSA.com

Good Luck

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heki parts in the US are harder to find than truck campers in the northeast. There are several UK sites that sell parts if you can find one that will ship to the US. I ended up getting a replacement handle set from Northstar for $75. If Lance can't help, give Northstar a try. If you do find another source for parts in the US, please post the info.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Christl wrote:
Hi Folks:
I have a broken Lift Handle Latch on the Heki 2 Deluxe skylight. The handle got twisted off when someone forgot to push the release button all the way in. Has anyone tried to use crazy glue to fix one? Where can a Left Lift Handle latch be purchased if it can't be glued (other then closest Lance dealer)? I also need a new strip of gasket seal enclosure. Any information would be useful. See picture of latch and broken seal.
thank you christl

Phone lance parts department.... fast easy replacement. I have used them for lots of parts over the years... they have a large turn over so you get the latest and freshest.... important with plastic parts with pthlates. Pthlate is a chemical that keeps plastic from getting brittle.... over time it evaporates.... its the source of the "new car smell"

Never buy plastic parts from a source that doesn't have a lot of turnover.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare