cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

right front tire wear

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I know I should rotate my tires more often.

I noticed the wear on my right front tire today. It's much worse than the other three. The outer edge is the worst, but it has more wear than the others all the way across. Web searches bring up information regarding uneven wear across the tire and front versus rear, but nothing about right versus left. I'd blame the one most often in the passenger seat, but the one in the driver's seat weighs more. Any idea why I might be seeing this wear (besides my confession above)? Thanks.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4
32 REPLIES 32

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Ditto on all the above posts.
Could be worn out ball joints, etc.
Front end is likely out of alignment too.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replace everything that moves with MOOG. Rotate, air up, and align... or just keep rotating till everything matches...then, rebuild the front end, get a brand-new set of tires and start like new. I'm personally not one to just replace one worn thing, even if you can find it. Just do it all at once, you will know it is all new. Be prepared, parts are not cheap, neither are tires but you pay for what you get.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's probably worn front end components. It's pretty typical for one side to wear faster than the other. Until that's fixed, it won't do any good to align.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member