cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood 2503s

srennier
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone own a Rockwood 2503s and have any comments about its' pros and cons? This is the model with the murphy bed. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

rambollet2
Explorer
Explorer
About the murphy bed.... We make it up and tuck the covers under the mattress. A one clip strap holds our large pillows and covers in place. Push it up, latch it, and it's ready and out of the way until you are ready for bed. There is good storage under the couch just a bit hard get to as it doesn't fully open up. Not a place to store things you want ready access to thoughout the day.

The couch is large enough for me to catch a nap on if I don't want to bring the bed down.

rambollet2
Explorer
Explorer
My TV is a 2010 F150,SuperCrew. 5.4 liter with 3.55 axle ratio. It has the trailer towing package which adds transmission oil cooler and radiator upgrade. Also have electronic trailer braking and weight distribution hitch.

Pulls, accelerates, and brakes great. Only issue is the MPG which drops to about half (or less) when I'm towing our 2503s.

I don't know our loaded cargo weight but the wife and I aren't ones to travel light. The truck bed is loaded up with ice chests, chairs, etc.

Tip. Get yourself some cabinet corner safety cushions. The upper cabinets by the bed have sharp corners. Otherwise we love our MiniLite 2503S and will be heading out Friday for our third straight weekend trip.

srennier
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent feedback. Thank you. What do you tow with, and how satisfied are you with the towing experience?

rambollet2
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a Rockwood MiniLite 2503S. Have taken it out a couple times and absolutely love it. However, this is our first travel trailer so we don't have comparisons. The murphy bed was one of the selling points as it allowed for a couch, more room in the bathroom, and second entry door on the other end.

The slight inconvenience of putting the bed up and down is more than offset by having more room in the trailer during the day.

MorMJS
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at that model but we ended up with the Rockwood 2502s instead. The lack of storage space under the bed was a bit of a deal killer.
TV- 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 6.7L CTD, 2" lift on 35x12.5" Toyo MTs, S&B CAI
New TT 2016 Keystone Bullet 272BHSWE Fastaway E2 WDH, Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller
Old TT- 2014 Rockwood MiniLite 2502s

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't looked at one but did look at a similar Jayco. On the Jayco, the Murphy bedroom away storage space as there was no pass through storage.....storage areas at front of tailer were very small. We were also concerned about being able to replace the mattress with a nice comfortable mattress. For us, the lack of storage space was a deal killer. And the Winnebago Winniehas the same problem.....but the floorpan is nice. We take extended trips with our trailer and need storage space. Depends on your needs.

Correction... Winnibago model has pass thru storage. Winnebagotowables.com
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

srennier
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'm familiar with RVW. We bought from Wana RV near Elkhart ... It's the same concept. We were very happy with the price and service. Appreciate the comments!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, can't help with that model but we're on our second Rockwood product, the ROO 23SS and now the Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604. Obviously, we've been pleased or wouldn't have bought the second Rockwood unit. IIRC, this is one of the Mini Lites???

The good points.....the kitchen area is almost identical to our 23SS and you will LOVE all the space. The cabinet next to the kitchen with shelves/wardrobe is excellent. The U-shaped dinette was added a few years after we bought our 23SS and is a very nice feature and makes an extra bed pretty easily. Bathroom is nice with the linen closet. Now, the concern.....without knowing how much is involved in converting the murphy bed, don't have an opinion on that. I would question if you have to strip all the bedding to close it up or of there is room to just leave everything as is.

**Just noted you're in MO....a short hop to Lakeview, OH and RVW. Lakeview is just east of I-75 and a bit NW of Lima....a very easy run to save plenty of $. There is an outstanding SP, Indian Lake, about 10 minutes from RVW for a first night stop. Strongly suggest that and if you find anything not as it should be, you can call them, they'll be waiting for you in the morning and you'll be on your way lickety split. We had a wire not connected to the outside speaker + a small crack in a piece of exterior trim. They needed a picture of the trim and it was on our doorstep in about 10 days directly from FR.

We have not had any issues with either of our Rockwoods. Fit and finish have been good. It's a nice size trailer that you can tuck into most any site. The website I took a peek at showed an MSRP around $23,000+. MSRP is on the fictional side, so take your salesman's word with a grain of salt. You should be at 30% - 35% off that. Suggestion....if you haven't already taken a look at RVWholesalers in OH, suggest you do that before you sign on the dotted line. We bought both of ours there are saved a bundle even considering travel to and from West TN. Very good folks to deal with and no last minute $ surprises. If nothing else, it'll give you a bargaining tool with the dealer you're working with now. Good luck, hope it works out, it's a nice looking trailer and very livable. Happy camping!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!