cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rv wholesalers...

Calijenn
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering how good their nationwide service network really is? The map of course shows a thousand places that will service a trailer but I am wondering has anyone had a bad experience or just lives their network as far as servicing goes? There I no dealership here that physically carries the roo 233s, which is what we have decided on. Of course some will order for me but prices rnt as good as rv wholesalers.
7 REPLIES 7

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you give RVW a call and see if they can locate one closer to home for you. They still can beat the left coast prices. When we bought our '07 23SS it had a blue interior and I really wanted the green. By the time we got there Saturday morning our salesman had found one in MN that was supposed to go to a customer in CA. We ended up deciding we liked the blue after all, they called the customer in CA to see if they would swap to the green. Everybody was happy and after giving it a nice bath and checking everything out, we left in just a few hours. Might ask them about this. They are very willing to go the extra mile. BTW, if you feel you need to go higher up the ladder than whoever you're talking to, David Durnell is one of the owners and very accessible. Don't hesitate to ask for him.

Shipping to CA certainly doesn't help with the cost, but seems like the dealers out there know they have a unique item and don't hesitate to really jack up the price. bikendan drove to Chi and still came out way ahead in $$$$.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
RVW is a great dealer to deal with and have great prices. When we bought ours in '05 they hadn't at that time set up their network, at least that's the way it appeared. They did tell me that if I had an issue to take it to any dealer, have it repaired and they would reimburse me any reasonable costs. Lucky for me I never had to test the theory but am sure they would have honored their commitment to me.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
unfortunately, you've picked the hottest selling hybrid out there, the 233S.
i'm sure that they can't keep them in stock. but as popular as they are, dealers out here will charge you an arm and a leg for one.
that's why they don't keep many in stock. forces customers to order one, which costs more than one sitting on the lot.
and if they do get one in stock, they probably get top dollar for it, since hybrids are a rarity in California.

there are a number of NorCal dealers that have the 233S in stock but only one has somewhat decent prices and i would never buy from them.
but some people do, even though they have a terrible reputation.

if you lived in other areas of the country, you wouldn't be having such a difficult time. hybrids are much more plentiful anywhere but the Western U.S.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Calijenn
Explorer
Explorer
I am honestly having a very hard time finding much in hybrids locally. I am in the inland empire area and would drive a little ways to buy but can't do a huge road trip at this point. The model we have settled on is the 233S and we have found the 23IKSS and the 21SS and nothing more.

I have 3 people I have spoken to as of now... 1 being rvwholesalers, camping world and mcmahons rv (local) Any of them would have to order or locate to have them delivered. I somehow hadn't realized the rvw delivery person wouldn't be able to to the walkthru. The camping world woman I spoke with told me the person they would use for delivery would be able to walk me thru everything and have complete knowledge of the trailer.(not sure how true this is tho) best price with delivery is rvw although I haven't sat and negotiated with the local dealer. We r now officially ready to buy and feel stuck. Never thought buying something could be so difficult?

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our '07 ROO 23SS and recently our Rockwood 2604 TT from RVW. They have been completely responsive to any warranty work we needed done. The closest dealer to us is in their network, but looks like they may be dropping them for an assortment of reasons we totally agree with. We had one recall on our HTT for a refrig issue, but that was a Dometic recall, nothing to do with RVW. When we bought our new TT, we had a couple of very minor issues and they have responded quickly. Last week our microwave died, we called RVW, they checked to see if Forest River or Magic Chef was to handle replacement and a new one was shipped to us within a couple of days. Bear in mind that any warranty work would need to go through RVW and they will find a dealer for you, no question about it. If you have a problem with a specific appliance or system, it's that manufacturer that will ultimately take care of it. While there are few dealers that carry HTT in CA, there are tons that carry Forest River Rockwood or Shamrock products and can take care of you. We live in West TN and on our HTT saved over $4000 after trip expenses to CA to pick it up. Saved even more on our TT.

You don't mention if you are considering having it delivered to you in CA or going to Lakeview, OH to pick it up. Strongly suggest you make the trek if at all possible....turn it into a mini-vacation with a really big souvenir. If it is delivered, the driver only delivers, you will not have a PDI, which IMHO is crucial. If you pick it up, they will install your WDH and brake controller and have it properly set, you'll get the whole thing explained to you, any questions answered and you can plan to spend your first night at Indian Lake about 10 minutes from RVW. On our TT we found a couple of minor things - a speaker wire not connected and a crack in a piece of trim. We called them and told them we'd be by in the morning, they were ready for us and had us fixed and headed back to TN quickly. Compare the costs of delivery with the cost of actually picking it up in OH. We've been totally satisfied with RVW.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
have you looked for the twin brand of the Roo, the Flagstaff Shamrock?

Family RV in Pomona and Ontario, carries the Shamrock and they have 21SS and 23SS showing in stock.

I15 RV in Hesperia has a Shamrock 19.

it would help if you gave us an idea what models you're interested in and what area of SoCal, cause it's a large area. from Bakersfield to San Diego.

i'll warn you that no hybrid dealer on the West Coast will even get close to any price that you're seeing from dealers east of here.
we got so disgusted with their arrogance and ripoff prices, that we drove to Chicago to buy our Roo 23SS.

even after trip costs, still saved over $4000.
many others have done the same thing or met the delivery driver halfway to save in transport costs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer your specific question, but in general RVW has gotten good reviews here on the forum, and seems to be a reputable and respected company. Personally, I've received excellent service when purchasing parts from them. FWIW...
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard