cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sailun AT tires on tow vehicle

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
I tried a few searches here and there aren't many reviews out there on the world wide web. These would be for our F350 DRW

I'm looking at these SAILUN TERRAMAX A/T 245/75R17 (load range E 10ply)

I know the trailer tires are highly praised and just wonder if anybody has used the truck tires. If so, do they get the same trust?

Here is the datasheet- http://www.sailuntires.ca/PLT/AT.html

Thanks,
Outlaw
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK
37 REPLIES 37

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dannyabear1 wrote:
I have had a set of 16" on my 1500 chevy for over a year now, no problems and don't show any wear. They are the 10 ply.

10 ply actual or 10 ply rated? Big difference.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jolvi
Explorer
Explorer
Well Firestone and Michelin have had some issues, remember the 721? I also stay away from tires that are made in China, but if you look on where tires are manufactured that are on your vehicle you may be surprised. I had a set of Toyo tires on a Ford Ranger that were made in France.

Dannyabear1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a set of 16" on my 1500 chevy for over a year now, no problems and don't show any wear. They are the 10 ply.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
10 years on a pickup tells me either he ran very few miles or the rubber compound is awfully hard which would make them dangerous to drive in the rain. With my pickup (1 ton), the most I can get on a set of tires is 45K and they are done.
2015 Backpack SS1500

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
The owner of the commercial trailer company that put the Sailun load range Gs on our fifth wheel said that he'd had a set of Sailun truck tires on a pickup he had. Claimed they were some of the best truck tires he'd ever had and that he'd replaced them at 10 years due to age rather than wear. (No - he wasn't a Sailun dealer.)

Rob

I believe that, after seeing the Sailun S637's ,and their reputation.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
My thing with tires is simply, if they aren't Michelin or Firestone, I don't buy them. Sailun sounds Chinese to me.

Just the opposite ,wouldn't waste a nickel on another set of Michelin or Firestone, worst wearing tires I have ever had.

Yes ,Sailun is Chinese , and arguably the best G rated trailer tire out there. Can't help but think their other tires are also great tires, but as the OP has said not a lot of reviews on them.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The owner of the commercial trailer company that put the Sailun load range Gs on our fifth wheel said that he'd had a set of Sailun truck tires on a pickup he had. Claimed they were some of the best truck tires he'd ever had and that he'd replaced them at 10 years due to age rather than wear. (No - he wasn't a Sailun dealer.)

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
My thing with tires is simply, if they aren't Michelin or Firestone, I don't buy them. Sailun sounds Chinese to me.
2015 Backpack SS1500