cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
While putting our trailer away yesterday I noticed that our 2000 Excursion, V10, 3.73 has a tear in the driver's seat. I mentioned it my husband and he said, oh oh, time to get a new truck! That got me to thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you were towing a 2017 Cougar 31sqbwe, shipping weight 7404 and length 35.5, what kind of truck would you look for? I have 3 dogs and 10 grandkids so I really like the SUV.
6 REPLIES 6

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 1/2 ton would pull the trailer fine. The grandkids come in their parents car and the dogs ride in the trailer.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
If it be me....fix the seat and call it the day! But since u have asked about an SUV, which is getting harder to find in a 3/4 ton series. And it sounds like that is what you would need a what you already have. I think GM sells the burb in a 3/4 ton, or at least you could order one.if not refresh that current one that you have already. If you have decent miles and its in great shape then fix the small things up and enjoy the free payed for ride.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
3 dogs and 10 grandkids won't fit in a pickup, get the seat fixed.
Our X has about 190,000 (and the seat is ripped) so we went looking for a pickup that would pull our 2 slide 33 ft TT. Pickups that can pull that kind of TT cost a lot of money and we found a MH and traded in the TT, that was much cheaper.

:B That's what I was thinking too!

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Expedition EL Ecoboost 3.73 with the Heavy Duty Trailer Tow package is rated for 9,200 lbs towing. The payload numbers are slightly less than your Excursion.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
3 dogs and 10 grandkids won't fit in a pickup, get the seat fixed.
Our X has about 190,000 (and the seat is ripped) so we went looking for a pickup that would pull our 2 slide 33 ft TT. Pickups that can pull that kind of TT cost a lot of money and we found a MH and traded in the TT, that was much cheaper.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
2017 RAM 3500 6.7 CTD with Aisin Transmission in Crew Cab Longbed

That is me :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31