cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security TC63? Any insight?

LSXGMC
Explorer
Explorer
I've been watching the local market for 3 months now and am having a heck of a time finding decent used import campers. Everything that pops up for sale is 10+ hours away and sells before I even have a chance to check it out.

A 2000 Security TC63 has popped up on the classifieds, looks to be in decent shape but I cannot find any info on it in terms of specifications. Was Security bought out or rebranded? Or did they just cease to exist? I'm thinking maybe if they were rebranded I'd be able to find weight/dimension specs on the newer versions. Being a 6'3" camper I'm guessing the weight shouldn't be crazy. Does anyone have literature on these campers, or first hand experience?

And yes, I've been trying to get info out of the seller. I'm getting the impression the seller is a senior that is not too internet/e-mail savvy and only checks e-mail every few days. If it is what I'm after I want to be able to go check it out on days off this week.
2 REPLIES 2

LSXGMC
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, even having "Timberline" to search was beneficial as the pictures in the ad didn't show the model name.

I did manage to find an old classified listing for an 8' (7'11"), which had a wet weight of 780kg. I'm not sure what to expect the weight difference to be given the 1'8" and slight equipment difference. I'd been hoping to find something in the 500-600kg dry weight range, so this one could possibly fall in that range. But finding some confirmation would be nice, as I suspect the owner isn't going to be of much help and I have no desire to drive 10 hours to find out it is significantly heavier than expected.

It looks like Security Rv Manufacturing was purchased in 2002 by what is now Modulux Designs and the RV line got axed in favour of modular homes and cabins.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Odd.. I hadn't heard the name before, looking around I kept coming across that Security was orphaned 1978 (Nada, some of the online mfg lists-)
Yet I also found later years for sale, This one '99 TC90

1999, Shows it was made in B.C. Canada, though a TC90. Interesting but no help sorry.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com