cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Cruiser 260-BHS vs Passport 2650BHWE

houseoffools
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at ultra-lite TT's and keep coming back to these two because they seem to offer the best floorplan for us considering available space, weight, and length.

In doing some searching here I've found some information regarding these brands/floorplans. Looking for feedback on recent experiences with these models and what would be considered a good price (new 2013 or 2014).

The shadow cruiser seems it can be had for a slightly lower price (at least where I live), but have found some concerning comments about axle and floor problems with this brand. Haven't found too many negatives on the Passport, except for a few delamination comments.

We will be attending the RV show in Pomono, CA next month, so hopefully we can get a better idea on quality of materials/workmanship then.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

thrasher053
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the Shadow Cruiser for over 2 years, 76 nights of use and 11,000 miles towed. We have had no problems with the trailer in that time. The awning failed early, but that is not the trailer and was repaired under warranty. There have been some axle issues with these trailers, you will need to confirm the correct axles are installed. Also, push the dealer to replace the tires, the factory tires are bias ply (not radials) and don't last. The trailer is light weight, so some compromises are made. The cabinets are made with light weight plywood and screws don't hold well. The chassis is not a robust as some would like. I pull with a Silverado with a 4.8l V8, tow package, rated 6300 lbs. Uphills the RPMs get high, but overall I have not problems.
Finally, if you search on my name you can find some other information on my experience with this trailer.
Bruce and Jennie
2012 Shadow Cruiser S260-BHS
2014 Silverado Crew Cab 1500 5.3L

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Shadow Cruiser (195WBS) which we brought used. We've driven about 2000 miles in it since we've had it. ZERO problems. We love it.

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to say I love how well the Passport tows. Nice and stable with little to no sway. I am towing with a 3/4 ton, Long bed, Crew Cab, 6.0 gasser Chevy. We had a blowout this summer, nothing moved. I heard the pop and then saw rubber flying in the rear view mirror.

The spread out tires really do make a difference on the Highway when big trucks pass or it gets windy.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

linchat
Explorer
Explorer
ls1mike wrote:
I have a Passport 3220BH. This is my second season with it and I love it. Had a few small issues, a slide hanging up, some wallpaper trim not sticking, but nothing horrible. We have been happy with it. Tows very nice and is not very heavy for what you get.

What will you be towing it with?

I have same model and we enjoy it a great deal. It is our first TT, but have had no probs and what a great interior. Ours tows great to with 2012 Exp EL

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
I' had a Shadow Cruiser, it was junk and I returned it. Bought a Passport 2650 and we love it.

houseoffools
Explorer
Explorer
ls1mike wrote:
I have a Passport 3220BH. This is my second season with it and I love it. Had a few small issues, a slide hanging up, some wallpaper trim not sticking, but nothing horrible. We have been happy with it. Tows very nice and is not very heavy for what you get.

Plan to initially tow with our 2005 Expedition. It has the tow package with 3.73 rear end. I think we would be at or slightly over our payload and maybe axle ratings when loaded with our four kids and two small dogs. Plan to look for a more stout vehicle next year.

I noticed Passport advertises that their axles are spaced further apart, I guess to provide better stability when towing? In your opinion, does this provide any real world benefit?

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
The Viewfinder and Funfinder lines from Cruiser are much better quality from what I have seen the Shadow Cruiser is the entry level line.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

FireLieutenant7
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Viewfinder Signature 28bhss by Cruiser RV at start of this season when we traded in our HTT.I couldnt find a ton about the company really. But we have put about 6000 miles on ours this year already and have had no big issues at all. There has been some topics on overloading of axles but I must have gotten lucky or they have it worked out on the 2014 models.
TJ :B Melissa 🙂 Cole(7,son):R Kelsey(4,daughter):D
2009 Silverado Z71 ext cab 5.3 .373 tow package
Equilizer hitch and prodigy 3 controller
2011 KZ Coyote 23CKS (Sold)
2014 Viewfinder 28bhss

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Passport will have better quality.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander