cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple back up camera?

gorohoff
Explorer
Explorer
My F350 has a back up camera in the tailgate that displays backup video on my rear view mirror when the truck is in reverse. Of course this doesn't do me any good with my camper on (when I really need it). Some time ago I read someones post about how to wire the rear view mirror video to a store bought back up camera and I really wanted to do that, just never got around to it.

But then someone suggested something to me, that I was wondering if anyone here had tried.

Apparently you can view the video from a GoPro helmet camera on a smart phone or tablet. So I could potentially mount a GoPro camera on the back of the camper, and control the camera and view the video on my iPhone. The cheap GoPro camera is $200. If this worked, it would be a really easy and relatively cheap solution.
-Andrew

"For all its material advantages, the sedentary life has left us edgy, unfulfilled."
-Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot
15 REPLIES 15

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know that the GoPro camera deals could stream live video wirelessly to an iPhone. If that's the case then I might just have to pick one up for myself!
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4