cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide wipes

ardensille
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Keystone Passport Grand Touring Ultralite 2510 RB. My slide is in & while standing inside the trailer, the left wipe (black rubber seal)has come loose/hanging down. 2 mos. after purchasing the trailer new, the right wipe came loose & dealer re-attached it by what looks like grey butyl tape, (The stuff they sell at Camping World) I asked dealer how it was attached at the factory & he said they are "pressed" on. Should I use the butyl tape to re-attach the left wipe, Or? The wipes are still in good shape & pliable.
Thanks for any advice.
9 REPLIES 9

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just curious. What happens when the seals have to be replaced? Do they make something that disolves the sealant so it can be removed and a new gasket installed? Not sure how mine are installed....

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever Keystone used on the seals for the Passports doesn't work. I had a Passport, and the same thing happened. I went to the auto parts store and bought quality weather strip adhesive. Clean off the old junk and put the car adhesive. It will never fail again. The yellow adhesive is the strongest. Wear rubber gloves, or you will be scraping it from your hands for days.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't give up until you get this fixed! You don't want to wait till the whole thing falls off. Make them fix it right now.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

ReferDog
Explorer
Explorer
I would put some heat on Keystone about that one, screw the warranty period, be persistent
ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
. 2 mos. after purchasing the trailer new, the right wipe came loose & dealer re-attached it by what looks like grey butyl tape
If this reapir job was done while under warranty at Camping World, I would post in the Dear Marcus section (Camping World Service and Installation) and get Wes's attention. No way should it have been fixed with tape.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ardensille
Explorer
Explorer
There is grey sticky stuff on the back.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
They are really attached with tape???
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

ardensille
Explorer
Explorer
Warranty was only 1 yr. & is up.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
BS. You have a warranty. Get it back to the dealer and have them fix it right. Sounds like you had a sloppy PIM