cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small Trailer w/ Bunk and Enclosed/Heated Underbelly

scotjima
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a small (no more than 6k GVWR trailer that has an enclosed/heated underbelly and has a set of bunks. My only other requirement is a full bath vs a wet bath. This would be a close distance weekend trailer for my wife and two kids. We own a larger 5th wheel that we will be keeping, but I want something that we can tow with a smaller vehicle and use for a night or two. Thinking state parks, boondocking, etc.

We are considering a Winnebago Mini 1700BH, but would like some other options as well.

1700BH
12 REPLIES 12

totaldla
Explorer
Explorer
Would the ORV Black Rock 18RD fit your needs?

scotjima
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. I must have missed the notifications.

The Minnie's do have the "tank portion" of the underbelly enclosed and they say it is heated. Agreed on how tight they are. These are for a night or three only and would often just be two of us.

I will look at those suggested. I have already looked at the Rockwood (online) and will go see one locally soon. I want to stay under 20k OTD for whatever we purchase.

I have a 2016 Tacoma (with tow package) that I would like to tow with. It is rated at 6800 lbs and has a payload of about 1k. Realistically, I'd like to be no more than 5k GVWR for the trailer and about 600 lbs tongue weight.

Santa_Fe
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Keystone Summerland trailers. There may be an option that will work for you within that lineup.
TV: 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab
5.7L HEMI V8
4x4

TT: 2016 Keystone RV Springdale 260LE

Have Yorkie, will travel.

Newbiecampers
Explorer
Explorer
Rockwood 2306 might be a candidate for you. Roughly 23.5 long, 3900 pounds, and full bath.

2 bunks in the back (older models have 3), and either a fixed or murphy queen bed up front.

As of this model year, the underbelly is enclosed (we just looked at one). I am not sure if it is heated, but as somebody else said, might not be too hard to extend a duct down there.

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
My Jay Feather X213 (5500 gross) has the enclosed underbelly, king bed slide, and bunks. I'm not sure just what a "wet" bath is for a TT, but it has the full shower with a 6" deep tub. Mine is not ducted for heat to the underbelly, but I'm sure that it wouldn't be that hard to do.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I think Keystone Bullet and Bullet Crossfire might have trailers that meet your weight and heated underbelly requirement, as well as full bath.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Lite make a nice bunk model that fits your weight request... Click Here.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
FrankShore wrote:
You might also want to look at Northwest lightweights

More details needed. Googling Northwest lightweights only revealed lightweight wrestlers in the northwest.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
You might look at The Lance 2185 (3 rear bunks (storage area if you need/want to) You can get the 4 season package, etc.Lance 2185 Bunk Trailer

You might also want to look at Northwest lightweights
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Check into hybrids, like the Jayco 16XRB. 2 Queen beds, a "full size" bathroom. The rest is quite tight.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where would four people sit to watch TV or relax in a Winnie 1700BH? And I'm a Minnie owner and fan. The dining booth is too small even to eat at the same time. Look at the 2106DS. The tanks are not heated.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
scotjima wrote:
I'm looking for a small (no more than 6k GVWR trailer that has an enclosed/heated underbelly and has a set of bunks. My only other requirement is a full bath vs a wet bath. This would be a close distance weekend trailer for my wife and two kids. We own a larger 5th wheel that we will be keeping, but I want something that we can tow with a smaller vehicle and use for a night or two. Thinking state parks, boondocking, etc.

We are considering a Winnebago Mini 1700BH, but would like some other options as well.

1700BH

LOL that 1700 BH has a payload capacity of 800 lbs... Oh my... I dont see nothing about enclosed underbelly on these winnies...

The question is whats your budget?

This is a new unit from coachmen... They are giving all options for free this year..

Triple bunks
ducted a/c
slide
full refridge size
tub
walk around bed..
oven and 3 burner stove
etc etc

Why sell yourself short...

Call dealer below to inquire about weights... Very light as are most all coachmens..

http://www.coachmenrv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=338&ModelID=3622#Main

http://www.whitehorserv.com/2017-coachmen-catalina-221tbs-sbx-2-bdrm-slide-wtriple-bunks-queen-bed-n...
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh