cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small trailer with slide out

cyrus
Explorer
Explorer
We presently have a Artic fox 19B and would like something not too big with a slideout. We are very comfortable with this trailer except when we both want to get up and move around. We use it 45-60 nights a year but never more that 2-3 weeks at a time. Don't know if the lightweights are suitable for the bumpy roads we travel. The new Nash trailers have slides starting @ 23 ft. and the Artic fox @24 ft.
Would like to stay shorter than that. Any body know of a quality smaller trailer with a dinning room slide?? Thanks, Mark
Mark Zingale
11 REPLIES 11

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.allencampermfgcoinc.com/upload/201%20FBS%208.30.pdf
201 FBS.... 5000 GVWR....3450 dry....21' exterior length.

These folks have been around for years. Bought my first slide in truck camper from them in '72
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
For me, one reason I traded my former trailer, HiLo 22L was due to the east west sleeping arrangement. I wanted an island bed so neither of us had to crawl over the other in order to use the facilities in the middle of the night. And at my age, it happens a lot more that it used to.

So we got the Koala 21CS which is 24 ft bumper to ball. Of course another plus is the spacious corner glass enclosed shower. Would never trade that for another curtain enclosed shower.

But the 21CS does have a slide that opens up the living/galley area.

gmw photos wrote:
PUCampin wrote:
Fun Finder also has a 210UDS with the dinning slide and a walk around queen at just under 22ft. My inlaws have a 2009 Fun Finder 210WBS which they love and is awsome for the 2 of them. Big bathroom, walkaround queen, and the couch on a slide. Their's is the older version of this trailer which is lower and 7.5ft wide instead of 8. It is very easy to tow. This floor plan is now the Shadow Crusier 195WBS

And regarding comparing, lets say the 210UDS vs my 189FDS, let's talk about the bed layout. Because the bed on the longer trailer runs north-south, that means it is using 80 inches from front of trailer to foot of bed. In my floorplan, since the bed is east-west, it only uses 54 inches from the front of the trailer. There is the biggest difference of the length of the trailer. In other words, I end up with almost the same number of sq ft of usuable daytime floorspace in a overall package that is shorter and slightly lighter. The 210 gains a more user friendly bed area. I travel solo, so the bed issue is a non starter for me. It's more time consuming to make the bed though on my layout, if that matters to a person.
Bottom line for me was the bed area usability is less important than day time use floorspace.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Mr_Biggles
Explorer
Explorer
We love our I-Go G239BH. 23 feet long and a deep dinette slide-out. Check out the Evergreen i-Go line up . They are narrower than standard (7 ft 6 in wide) , but the slide-outs are quite deep.
2011 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73 Tow package
2013 Evergreen i-Go G239BH

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
PUCampin wrote:
Fun Finder also has a 210UDS with the dinning slide and a walk around queen at just under 22ft. My inlaws have a 2009 Fun Finder 210WBS which they love and is awsome for the 2 of them. Big bathroom, walkaround queen, and the couch on a slide. Their's is the older version of this trailer which is lower and 7.5ft wide instead of 8. It is very easy to tow. This floor plan is now the Shadow Crusier 195WBS

X2

We have a 2012 Fun Finder 210WBS and find it to be nearly perfect for a couple of "empty nesters" It has no formal dinnette, a deal breaker for some, but we found the dinette in our last camper so uncomfortable that we happily gave it up. We use one or two "personal tables" from Wal Mart which we set up as needed. The camper comes with a larger and very heavy portable table, but there was no practical place to stow it and it was just too big. Our small pair of tables works much better.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Save a bunch of money and learn to take turns moving around in the camper.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You might consider an Arctic Fox 25P. Slightly bigger and a nice amount of room to move about the trailer without getting in each others way.
My friend just bought one and likes it very much.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
PUCampin wrote:

And regarding comparing, lets say the 210UDS vs my 189FDS, let's talk about the bed layout. Because the bed on the longer trailer runs north-south, that means it is using 80 inches from front of trailer to foot of bed. In my floorplan, since the bed is east-west, it only uses 54 inches from the front of the trailer. There is the biggest difference of the length of the trailer. In other words, I end up with almost the same number of sq ft of usuable daytime floorspace in a overall package that is shorter and slightly lighter. The 210 gains a more user friendly bed area. I travel solo, so the bed issue is a non starter for me. It's more time consuming to make the bed though on my layout, if that matters to a person.
Bottom line for me was the bed area usability is less important than day time use floorspace.

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS 😛 2007, DD :C 2008

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I am more than happy with my funfinder 189FDS. Two years now, over 20K miles on all sorts of roads. Just under 19' overall ( tip of tongue to back of trailer ), just under 4000 pounds ready to camp. You are right that the slideout really opens them up, from a usable space standpoint. Bear in mind my trailer has a "sideways" bed, which is sometimes a deal breaker for couples, since one may have to climb over the other to get in and out of bed in the middle of the night.
This trailer is a screaming bargain from a dollar standpoint compared to some others in the class.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Camplite 21RBS

or

Camplite 21BHS

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
If you like the quality of your Arctic Fox, you'll be sure to appreciate the quality of a Lance Travel Trailer:

Lance Travel Trailer

They're building 2014 models now and they have a 2 year warranty.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer