cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotted today in Aloha Oregon

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
I think it might be easier to talk about what might be right as there is so much wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start.

I could tell it was a "multiuse stop" as they got lunch at the Pizza place while I noticed one of them hitting the laundry facility across the parking lot.

- Mark0.
64 REPLIES 64

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Freep wrote:
Eric&Lisa wrote:

Quickly becoming a thread hijack here, sorry....

I hope you kick in something at the donation box. I don't know the particulars of the Forest Grove Lodge, but many Elk Lodges use these types of services as fund raisers for their charity activities.

On a side note... Many Lodges have RV parking, some (like Tillamook & Toledo, OR) have their own campgrounds. You have to be an Elk to stay, but the daily rates are usually a lot less than the campground down the road. There are a lot of Elks who have joined Lodges just so they can get inexpensive RV spots as they travel the country.

-Eric

This got me curious about the Elks. Then I read about their racist history.... 😞

I see they removed some of their bigotry, but apparently not all of it.

That's a shame.

So to sum up this conversation... The Forest Grove, OR Elks Lodge will take your poo for free. But they are bad people because in generations past the organization had different values than they exhibit today. Thus, in the future you should probably just take your poo some place else.
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
billsnp5 wrote:
That’s in the Portland Oregon area. They will probably just use the truck and unload the camper on a local street and live in it a few months. Used up RV’s are parked all over town. They do the same in the Wiillamette river. Buy old boats and park them in the river and live there. A real eyesore in town and on the river.

One good thing about old dirlect boats, eventually they scuttle themselves. Not so with old RV's.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
mbloof wrote:
So any more actual sightings or did the thread just veer completely off topic?

I saw this guy last year, but not recently. Maybe the two guys are doing a rally.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
So any more actual sightings or did the thread just veer completely off topic?

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Freep wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
^^^^ Hahahaha, People get offended by ANYTHING anymore don't ya know! Sooooo tired of the SJW's and there PC garbage.

Yeah don't you wish you could go back to just insulting people all the time without any pushback?

Kinda assumptive....bunkie
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
billsnp5 wrote:
That’s in the Portland Oregon area. They will probably just use the truck and unload the camper on a local street and live in it a few months. Used up RV’s are parked all over town. They do the same in the Wiillamette river. Buy old boats and park them in the river and live there. A real eyesore in town and on the river.

I saw this old RV compound near Yellowstone last week. It was not the only scary RV/trailer compound I saw in Montana and Wyoming during my trip. I've seen a couple of these in New Mexico, Texas and Arizona too.

I always wonder how they ended up that way. Often they have hand painted no trespassing signs accompanied by even stranger signs. I saw one in a crowd of signs that was talking about the moon landing being fake.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
67avion wrote:
Freep wrote:
Yeah you know who else was good at managing stuff?

Just because you're(the Elks) good at managing stuff, it doesn't excuse being bigoted.

Whoa there and take a break. Please don't ascribe characteristics to people such as "bigotry" - especially the folks that post on this forum.

You misunderstand. I was talking about the Elks. It's unfortunate but true.
2014 Lance 992

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Freep wrote:

Just because you're good at managing stuff, it doesn't excuse being bigoted.

Whoa there and take a break. Please don't ascribe characteristics to people such as "bigotry" - especially the folks that post on this forum. I've seldom run across a better group - though I'll admit some of us are a bit rough around the edges, including me. With the whole country burning up with scorn for each other, its time to have a whole lot of good humor and room for other's views. Especially truck campers. Sheesh.

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II

Is that like kneeling for the national anthem?

Times are changing and it's going to get worse before it get's better..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

billsnp5
Explorer
Explorer
2021 Host Cascade
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2013 Phoenix 721 Bass Boat

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:

The Elks does a good job in my town with local management.

2014 Lance 992

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
^^^^ Hahahaha, People get offended by ANYTHING anymore don't ya know! Sooooo tired of the SJW's and there PC garbage.

Yeah don't you wish you could go back to just insulting people all the time without any pushback?
2014 Lance 992

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
This got me curious about the Elks. Then I read about their racist history.... [emoticon]

That's a shame.

OMG..Get over it..Times are changing enough these days,it's getting close to choosing sides.That is just how it is,there is nothing you or I can do about it.

The Elks does a good job in my town with local management.

Sumtin happened right there and I am not sure how to fix it.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
Eric&Lisa wrote:

Quickly becoming a thread hijack here, sorry....

I hope you kick in something at the donation box. I don't know the particulars of the Forest Grove Lodge, but many Elk Lodges use these types of services as fund raisers for their charity activities.

On a side note... Many Lodges have RV parking, some (like Tillamook & Toledo, OR) have their own campgrounds. You have to be an Elk to stay, but the daily rates are usually a lot less than the campground down the road. There are a lot of Elks who have joined Lodges just so they can get inexpensive RV spots as they travel the country.

-Eric

This got me curious about the Elks. Then I read about their racist history.... 😞

That's a shame.
2014 Lance 992