cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Super Duty Tire Wear

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody having front (or rear) tire wear issues with your 2020 and newer F250 Super Duty Diesel?
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L
15 REPLIES 15

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Improper inflation could also cause it.

So could the simple fact that it has a blue oval on the grille and those Fords chew through tires like a geezer who stood in line for 3 hours for a free $1.00 breakfast, chewing through the rubber bacon.

Ba da ching lol.

Oh boy. Helpful post. I've read through some of your posts. You're pretty obnoxious for a brand new member - or a booted member returning with a new handle.

This is my 2nd Ford in 14 years and never had an issue with abnormal tire wear. This isn't a brand thing. SMH.

No sense of humor? Guess not. You're certainly a Ford expert owning 2 in 14 years. I have you beat a little though, about 15 in 35 years and that's personal, not counting business vehicles. I've read through some of your posts, kettle meet pot, SMH.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
way2roll wrote:
Unobtanium wrote:
way2roll wrote:

So could the simple fact that it has a blue oval on the grille and those Fords chew through tires like a geezer who stood in line for 3 hours for a free $1.00 breakfast, chewing through the rubber bacon.

Ba da ching lol.

Oh boy. Helpful post. I've read through some of your posts. You're pretty obnoxious for a brand new member - or a booted member returning with a new handle.

This is my 2nd Ford in 14 years and never had an issue with abnormal tire wear. This isn't a brand thing. SMH.

Sounds like someone is a little sensitive bout someone picking on their poor beloved Ford! LOL

But to be fair, the OP was either trolling or just clueless and looking for internet info in a very vague senseโ€ฆ.
Heโ€™s got a couple fish on though. My vote is trolling.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
way2roll wrote:
Jayco23FB wrote:
I do not have a Super Duty. I am looking at the GM 2500HD or the Ford Super Duty for my next truck. I have heard the Super Duty using a solid axle and diesel was fairly tough on front tires. Thanks for the input.

Again, bought my f350 with the 6.7 last year new , have 20 k miles on it, and absolutely no abnormal tire wear. Where do these theories come from?

Not theories, if it happens itโ€™s fact, regardless of the cause.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Unobtanium wrote:
way2roll wrote:

Ba da ching lol.

To be fair, some newer Ram dooleys do as well.
Some could be alignment, but alot as to do with physics, even though many donโ€™t understand or recognize it.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Jayco23FB wrote:
I do not have a Super Duty. I am looking at the GM 2500HD or the Ford Super Duty for my next truck. I have heard the Super Duty using a solid axle and diesel was fairly tough on front tires. Thanks for the input.

Again, bought my f350 with the 6.7 last year new , have 20 k miles on it, and absolutely no abnormal tire wear. Where do these theories come from?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Unobtanium wrote:
way2roll wrote:

Ba da ching lol.

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:

Ba da ching lol.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
My 2018DRW 4wd was fine until this last spring when I noticed outside wear on both front tires. Had front aligned at local Ford dealer but havenโ€™t driven but 200 miles since service.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Seriously though, I could see some real world rear tire wear issues surfacing from anyone who pushes the traction control button and then has a heavy right foot.
I have several vehicles with this tar ware issue!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Jayco23FB wrote:
Anybody having front (or rear) tire wear issues with your 2020 and newer F250 Super Duty Diesel?

Sooo is this one of those friends cousins buddy is having tire wear problems, or something you read on the internet that struck your fancy, or youโ€™re considering a new Ford and want to make sure FoMoCo didnโ€™t forget how to build trucks with straight wheels?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Yes, alignment is probably the issue. Check that first.

Youโ€™re having issues with your Superdoody?
Donโ€™t you and the OP pilot General Motors products?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, alignment is probably the issue. Check that first.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad