cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sway Control

Rmannon48
Explorer
Explorer

Jeez, my Equal-I-Zer sway control bars moan and groan like a wounded elephant. Will Sway Bracket Jackets help or do I just need to learn to live with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I've read that they do help thought I've never tried them because they lower the friction and therefore the sway reduction. But then I tend to err on the side of caution. What I did that surprisingly quieted my Equal-i-zer was I took the head apart and cleaned and greased everything. By that I mean take off the two bolts that that hold hte square pivot tubes to the head. Clean all the grease off the head and off the tubes. Be careful with the friction parts on the head itself, there will probably be some metal burrs that can cut your finger. Re-grease everything copiously with some wheel bearing grease. there should be a sticker on teh head that tells you the torque for the bolts. But I believe it is 45-60 foot pounds.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I've read that they do help thought I've never tried them because they lower the friction and therefore the sway reduction. But then I tend to err on the side of caution. What I did that surprisingly quieted my Equal-i-zer was I took the head apart and cleaned and greased everything. By that I mean take off the two bolts that that hold hte square pivot tubes to the head. Clean all the grease off the head and off the tubes. Be careful with the friction parts on the head itself, there will probably be some metal burrs that can cut your finger. Re-grease everything copiously with some wheel bearing grease. there should be a sticker on teh head that tells you the torque for the bolts. But I believe it is 45-60 foot pounds.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup