cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC window decal

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure which forum to post this in but I feel more comfortable with group. I am considering placing a decal with my photography logo on either the side window or on the TC itself (it is plexiglas). Has anyone done this? It would be small, maybe about 2" or 3" by 12" or whatever is proportional. I don't want it too big but just want something that defines us.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog
14 REPLIES 14

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds of my high school days when I advertised my sound system on my back window. This was also the time when Viper alarms were popular and people actually took notice to them going off.

I was cleaned out one night. lol
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Photomike: that is one beautiful rig. There is a local company that does that sort of wrap around graphics. It does get your attention. I guess we photographers need to stay incognito and in camo.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog

fatmanobx
Explorer
Explorer
EverGreen bass pro has a full wrap on his truck camper that matches his boat and truck. Really looked great
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy RIP
Ford F250 Super Duty

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is one idea that I love for advertising

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I will just stick to business cards. It does seem that there are people out there who want what others have without paying for it. I just like my logo. Maybe a t-shirt?
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm kinda wondering if it is a good idea. As others have said, it does suggest you have expensive equipment in your TC. I also wonder if it would really bring you any customers. Personally, I would not do it, I can't see any benefit.

It is my understanding, advertising on your vehicle can put your insurance rates in a commercial category. That can get pricy. I would call my insurance agent to make sure it would not cause me problems.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
I do like the removable sign idea to remove when we are away from the rig. I would make it small and put it in the window of the camper.

We usually avoid big cities and camp in remote areas near smaller towns. Still, people get tempted. The gear is insured but what a hassle for replacement. I take the media cards out each night so I wouldn't lose images but still....
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
What about putting the window decal on a cast off piece of Lexan, then sticking that Lexan somewhow to the window using a nonpermanent adhesive? It would be a lot easier to get off. For other places on the RV, maybe stick those on a white piece of plastic that is attached via Command adhesive as well? I would also consider using four Zip-ties and having the plastic be mounted between two latter slats, where it is obvious, but easily removable.

I'm with R2D1. Maybe my tinfoil hat is showing, but I don't like stickers in any way, shape, or form. They attract attention, and I am concerned that it would be unwanted attention.

R2D1
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this is geographical, but my first thought was “don’t do it!”. I’m currently in So. CA and the last thing I want to do is put a semi-permanent decal on my rig advertising there could be thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment inside. For me, a magnetic sign for the truck would be a better choice; taking it off when I want to be incognito.

Edit...
Well, I see I should have refreshed this page before making my comment!

I went and visited your site and see that you use “images” in your name instead of “photography.” Maybe people would be less likely to think of cameras, but I still wouldn’t make it a permanent decal.

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I was thinking the same about clueing in thieves about camper contents. I was half asleep when I posted last night so it is Fiberglas, not plexiglas. At night is when I get my wild ideas. Maybe a small one on the window so if we sell, it can be removed as windows are glass. I designed my own logo ( graphic designer) and I kinda like it. Any ideas on where to get it made? I am thinking maybe a local company so I can work with them on size and design.
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been thinking of doing something like this, or an entire wrap of the camper and truck. Problem that I have is that it not only advertises to customers but also to thieves. Not sure that I want to advertise that I have camera and computer gear on board.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Ive installed vinyl graphics on RVs, trailers, etc. Never did one on plexiglass but I would not be afraid to do it. Most smooth surfaces hold the better graphics well. Removal can be accomplished with a hair dryer.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

Led_67
Explorer
Explorer
If the decal is a sticky back then abc40kids would be correct however if it is the vinyl static decal, which most are using now, you can put it just about anywhere and as for removing it all you will need is a white latex eraser and patience.

Good Luck

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
The logo will probably stick just fine to the plexiglass. If you ever want to remove it it will be more difficult than if on glass. You can't use a razor blade on plexiglass.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually