cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TCM calendar voting is on!

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
I encourage everyone to vote for your favorite photo, there're a lot of great photos that have entered this annual contest.
Calendar Contest Vote
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog
22 REPLIES 22

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
67avion wrote:
Looks like I may have raised some questions with my photo #319 of the Dutch Tonke TC mounted on the Mercedes Sprinter diesel. I assure you it is a true truck camper that is lifted by Reico jacks.

Its true most of the European campers are class C, but truck campers are starting to show up. It really makes sense given how expensive the trucks are that the campers extend their use.

My wife, daughter and I traveled to Holland, Germany and Denmark in the Tonke TC this Fall. It was an amazing trip that I'll report on in TCM later this year. I consulted a number of this Forum's European members, including sabconsulting in Britain and Flaxi in Germany, before and during the trip for tips and advice. Without this Forum, I think it would have been a far more difficult undertaking.

I hope that you will consider the photo for the calendar. Truck Camping is worldwide as our Australian and European members show.

I voted for this one 67avion before I read this post. An unusual TC for sure but still a TC in that it rides on the back of a truck and can be dismounted. I think it would have been more obviously a TC if the jacks had been attached. Wonderful scenery too. It was a hard choice between this one and the one with a windmill. Went with this one as I thought the rig looked better in it.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
rafrox wrote:
A cautionary note - give yourself plenty of time to do this. There are many, many wonderful photos, and it takes a long time to narrow it down to just five.

Wish I could. Plenty of time is something I don't currently have. Maybe when I retire in about 25 years.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another great batch of submissions again... kudos to all who have photo candidates. Tough to choose as usual. I was able to quickly scan the images to get a quick top 20, but narrowing it down to the 5 from there was tough.

Great job TC'ers!!!
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
whazoo wrote:
Sure would be nice to be able to scroll thru the full size pictures instead of open and close each individual picture.

Right click on the thumbnail image, select "Open image in new tab". (using Chrome - similar in other browsers)
It's much faster, the image is bigger and you can leave your favorite tabs open for later review decisions when voting.

Typical image opened in new tab:
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
67Avion wrote:
It is a Truck Camper

In this case on a Renault Master base

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting that they let people do more than one submission each. I'd vote, but I'm getting enough spam already.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

hoyden
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! Four Wheel Camper also makes a flat-bed camper. It's not as fancy as the Tonke, but it's pretty sweet! (I might be a bit biased, since I recently ordered a Four-Wheel Camper - tho not the flatbed model ๐Ÿ™‚ )
Flat-bed campers seem to be getting more popular here in the U.S.

http://www.fourwh.com/product/fleet-flat-bed-popup-truck-camper-tray-tacoma/

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like I may have raised some questions with my photo #319 of the Dutch Tonke TC mounted on the Mercedes Sprinter diesel. I assure you it is a true truck camper that is lifted by Reico jacks.

Its true most of the European campers are class C, but truck campers are starting to show up. It really makes sense given how expensive the trucks are that the campers extend their use.

My wife, daughter and I traveled to Holland, Germany and Denmark in the Tonke TC this Fall. It was an amazing trip that I'll report on in TCM later this year. I consulted a number of this Forum's European members, including sabconsulting in Britain and Flaxi in Germany, before and during the trip for tips and advice. Without this Forum, I think it would have been a far more difficult undertaking.

I hope that you will consider the photo for the calendar. Truck Camping is worldwide as our Australian and European members show.

Xpd77
Explorer
Explorer
Vote for 029 and 030. That is my rig. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 F350 SRW Diesel. 2014 Arctic Fox 811. Torklift tiedowns, Fast Guns, and Stable Loads.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Agreed, hard to narrow it down to just five. The best part was seeing all the places I would like to go visit some day. Some really good pictures, but a few look doctored up and special effects added which I thought was not allowed? Thank you everyone for sharing your many travels!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
JoeChiOhki wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:
What's with those European Class C's?

You mean the one flat demountable on the mercedes lorrie?

Yep. Pretty far stretch calling that a truck camper just because the "coach" can be removed. What's it take to remove it? Crane?

It would be a TC, although the body is pretty big. Locally built 19ft Model with Slidout room, on a 4x4 Sprinter

rafrox
Explorer
Explorer
A cautionary note - give yourself plenty of time to do this. There are many, many wonderful photos, and it takes a long time to narrow it down to just five.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobertRyan wrote:
JoeChiOhki wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:

Bulk of US Truck Campers in Australia are now on 4 x4 Euro Cab Chassis Vans

Now this qualifies as a truck camper. Not that 25' coach mounted on a flatbed
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
JoeChiOhki wrote:
~DJ~ wrote:

Yep. Pretty far stretch calling that a truck camper just because the "coach" can be removed. What's it take to remove it? Crane?
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.